READ if booked with Encore

Zeno

Any Canadians out there whose travel agents have booked them on an NCL Sun cruise through Encore cruises before the schedule changes:

Well it looks like Encore may have screwed up NCL Sun cabin assignments.

I checked the NCL website today and low and behold my cabin (booked since the middle of August) has re-appeared as available. I checked with my TA. Encore has cleverly (without informing her or me) put me in a different cabin.

I suspect this has to do with changing home ports and dates re: the Sun.

My agent is trying to get this straightened out with Encore.

So anyone whose travel agent uses Encore and who booked a Sun cruise before the changes necessitated by Katrina and who "thinks" they are still booked for a specific cabin, I highly recommend that you contact your travel agent ASAP. Encore has a bit of a history for screwing up cabin assignments - so don't blame NCL on this one.

I don't trust Encore either. My TA is a real gem & I feel sorry for her having to deal with them. Unfortunately you cannot deal with them directly or I would be giving them a piece of my mind about the way they treat my TA.

Hopefully, if you keep on top of them & in constant contact with your TA everything will be fine.

You are 100% right, NCL will have no part in your problems with Encore. I had a problem that my poor TA was not able to resovle & I called NCL directly & they called Encore them selves & got it sorted out. Thank you NCL!!

NCL = A+

My TA = A+

Encoure - needs to repeat kindergarden

But then again... even if it could not be sorted out.... we would still have a wonderful cruise.. I won't let a little ignorant company like that ruin my cruise!!!

Encore is a cruise wholesaler. They deal with TAs and cruiselines.

Canadians can book directly with NCL as far as I know but I prefer to go through a travel agent for cruises. Unfortunately my TA books through Encore - if I did not like her so much I would consider trying to find a TA who books directly with NCL,

I have booked directly with NCL in the past, but I found a wonderful TA that I wanted to give my business to. Unfortunately her firm goes thru the cruise wholesaler & voila...I ended up dealing with Encore.

Had I known, I would have booked directly thru NCL myself.

But not all is lost. I have given a wonderful TA some business & the only problem she could not fix, NCL did.

I am happy!! I just want other people to be informed & be able to make their decision with all the available knowledge.

Archived