ANC airport to Whittier

1stime88

Does anyone have advice on how we should get to Whittier cruise port from ANC airport. We arrive at 8:41am at the ANC airport. (Is it too late to take the train that leaves at 9:45am? Would we need to take a taxi to the train station). If I make a reservation for the train will they wait for me?

I was just wondering if there was a way we could leave soon after we get to airport and arrive earlier to the cruise port without paying 100pp for princess shuttle.

Edited by 1stime88

I just looked it up and it would cost more than the princess shuttle.

Your priority is speed getting to the ship and cost? Have you been to this area numerous times? Some may want to take advantage of being there instead of just passing through. A car rental can offer you significantly more touring opportunities- if of interest, with the price spread over several hour- is a darn good deal- IF anyone wants to take advantage.

As for the train- NO the train is NOT going to wait for you. Sorry, but not a good idea. Simple adding up the time, is confirmation, it won't work.

There are several shuttle services, listings http://www.anchorage.net

I had a cab driver who dropped me off at the train station earlier this month who claimed he would have gone all the way to Whittier for $100 (plus toll, I assume). That seemed too low to be true, but you might be able to negotiate a reasonable cab price if you are inclined.

Private (non-princess) buses are as low as $30- google is your friend.

I had a cab driver who dropped me off at the train station earlier this month who claimed he would have gone all the way to Whittier for $100 (plus toll, I assume). That seemed too low to be true, but you might be able to negotiate a reasonable cab price if you are inclined.

Private (non-princess) buses are as low as $30- google is your friend.

I did see the $30 shuttle but it leaves airport at 3pm. We would be waiting for many hours. I am thinking about the tour shuttle that leaves at 1pm and stops at the conservation center.

Your priority is speed getting to the ship and cost? Have you been to this area numerous times? Some may want to take advantage of being there instead of just passing through. A car rental can offer you significantly more touring opportunities- if of interest, with the price spread over several hour- is a darn good deal- IF anyone wants to take advantage.

As for the train- NO the train is NOT going to wait for you. Sorry, but not a good idea. Simple adding up the time, is confirmation, it won't work.

There are several shuttle services, listings http://www.anchorage.net

Good points

Lots of the shuttles and tour operators will pick you up at the airport and give you some tour stops on the way to Whittier. I'm not sure any of them would wait for you though either if your plane is late.