Trip reports are great; links to photos not so much

quack2

Thanks to everyone for their trip reports. It seems like more and more of them have links to pictures rather than having the pictures embedded in the message. Has something changed where you can't embed photos any longer?

Thanks to everyone for their trip reports. It seems like more and more of them have links to pictures rather than having the pictures embedded in the message. Has something changed where you can't embed photos any longer?

I'd much rather have links to pictures than to have some post the tiny thumbnails that seem to be the default. Posting pictures is not intuitive either in CruiseCritic or on most online photo sites such as Picasa, Shutterfly, etc. I wish it were easier but that is not the case. You can still embed photos but the "how" isn't clear to some.

Yes I found it to be a difficult experience to get pictures to show up in my trip report. I didn't realize that the attachment route turned my first pics turned into tiny thumbnails. I tried saving with larger pixel sizes but they were still small.

Inserting pictures without having to click the links was just about impossible to figure out after many hours of trial and error. Without Judy's assistance, I was about ready to give up and provide just the links. Hat tip again to Judy.

Yes I found it to be a difficult experience to get pictures to show up in my trip report. I didn't realize that the attachment route turned my first pics turned into tiny thumbnails. I tried saving with larger pixel sizes but they were still small.

Inserting pictures without having to click the links was just about impossible to figure out after many hours of trial and error. Without Judy's assistance, I was about ready to give up and provide just the links. Hat tip again to Judy.

Always ready to help. I remember my frustration trying to figure it out so I'm more than glad to share. Thanks for the review. I am really enjoying it.

I prefer the link. With many people - they take a lot of pictures and inserting them into a review on CC takes a lot of time. Plus, by having them on other sites, they can manage them better and keep them with their other pictures. When you post them to CC, you reduce what you show people. For example - you may take 100 pictures at whale watching but only post 2 on CC. I want to see the 100.

Edited by Coral