Water-UFO

I wondered what the heck a water-ufo was. I see now it's a jet ski shaped as a saucer with a couple of keel wings and a steering wheel. Might be fun.

What you don't see is that the steering wheel is for show. You actually turn the craft by leaning. If you lean right you go right, if you lean left, then go left. I'm thinking of doing it when I'm in port in August. To me its a cross between a jet ski and a segway. All the reviews on trip advisor are pretty good.

Has anyone done the ufo boat tour. If so, what was the price per person? I am looking to do this next June. Thanks for any and all input.

I have gotten in touch and was quoted prices but I think it depends on how many people are going out. Contact them especially since you are thinking of this almost a year out.

Thanks everyone for your input. I love Segways and this looks like it would be so fun. There would be two of us and I'm quite sure that we would each do a separate boat. The double thing looks really awkward.

I have to agree, it does look awkward. My husband and I will probably get different boats as he likes to go much faster than I usually do. This way he won't have me screaming in his ear to slow down. LOL

I contacted the Water UFO company last week. They sent the following information to me as far as pricing:

We like to keep it all simple and charge just one price per UFO, whether it carries one or two happy faces.

To run the UFO's cost effective the package price is a standard $75. So basically the second person gets the discount.

time duration from the water ufo safari tour is 90 minutes

I contacted the Water UFO company last week. They sent the following information to me as far as pricing:

We like to keep it all simple and charge just one price per UFO, whether it carries one or two happy faces.

To run the UFO's cost effective the package price is a standard $75. So basically the second person gets the discount.

time duration from the water ufo safari tour is 90 minutes

I think if you get more than 4 boats its 70 per boat.

My DH and I are booked for August. First tour of the day and then on to great bay (despite all the warnings about pollution) to relax and shop. I think by then I will be exhausted as its the last port on our cruise (out of 5).

• 1 year later...

Long overdue but it seemed like fun. Let me explain. We were there right after a hurricane (don't remember which one) but it was big enough so that all the craft was pulled out of the water. My son's scuba was canceled because they had to get their boat back in the water and the visability was pretty awful. We came upon the UFO's (right where they said it would be) and Nancy (think that is her name but don't bet on it) had to get the UFO's back in the water (it took a while). She normally wouldn't be alone but one of the owners went to check on his mom as her island was hit very hard by the hurricane and he took an emergency flight out that morning to check on her.

By then my son found us and found out his scuba was cancelled (dive shop was right in same parking lot as the UFO'S) so we all decided to do the UFO's. One condition was that you had to be able to start the boat yourself (like a lawnmower or engine off a small boat) by pulling the cord. I could not do it as I was weak (recovering from the shingles-get the shot). My hubbie and son loved it. They were going like made men and loving it. Nancy gave me a ride in one so I could experience it. Seemed bumpy to me and too active as I had been pretty sedate for months. When they got off they had some rum punch and we left feeling satisfied. If you get the opportunity to do it I wouldn't pass it up.

• 4 months later...

What are the odds of falling into the water? I'm sure (similar to a jet ski or any other water sport) that it is possible, but I'm hoping that maybe due to the shape & the fact that you control your own vessel that you often are able to stay on board? Has anyone that has done this personally, fallen in?

Also, do you control your speed? or just direction?

What are the odds of falling into the water? I'm sure (similar to a jet ski or any other water sport) that it is possible, but I'm hoping that maybe due to the shape & the fact that you control your own vessel that you often are able to stay on board? Has anyone that has done this personally, fallen in?

Also, do you control your speed? or just direction?

I think the odds are pretty low of falling into the water but I guess it could happen. Like I said my DH and DS were going very fast and making tight turns but didn't even come close to falling out. You do wear a life vest. Call and ask they are really nice and helpful.