Vision of the seas - formal dining dress code help

Hi

I will be on the vision is the seas this September for a 12 night cruise. This is my first time cruising and want to know what the restrictions are in the formal evenings.

Can I wear any suit? Any colour?

Or do I have to wear a tuxedo?

Thanks in advance

There is not really any restriction, it is a suggestion. A suit is definitely fine. You will see some people in tuxedo (my DH loves to wear his) but not many. You will also see people in dress trousers and shirt, even dockers and a polo shirt.

Shorts are prohibited from the MDR at dinner but that's about it. Even that is not always enforced.

Enjoy your cruise

There is not really any restriction, it is a suggestion. A suit is definitely fine. You will see some people in tuxedo (my DH loves to wear his) but not many. You will also see people in dress trousers and shirt, even dockers and a polo shirt.

Shorts are prohibited from the MDR at dinner but that's about it. Even that is not always enforced.

Enjoy your cruise

Was on VotS through the Med for the last two weeks. I would say alot of people were wearing suits. I was surprised really. We had three formal nights, the third one, I would say the majority of men were wearing a suit. I didnt dress up in a suit until the last day myself.

There are no restrictions though. As mentioned, it's only a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
Was on VotS through the Med for the last two weeks. I would say alot of people were wearing suits. I was surprised really. We had three formal nights, the third one, I would say the majority of men were wearing a suit. I didnt dress up in a suit until the last day myself.

There are no restrictions though. As mentioned, it's only a suggestion.

We are sailing on 08/08/2015. Which three nights are the formal nights? Thanks for your help!

Hi

I will be on the vision is the seas this September for a 12 night cruise. This is my first time cruising and want to know what the restrictions are in the formal evenings.

Thanks in advance

men will be fine in a pair of slacks( not khakis or dockers) button down shirt and a tie. sport coats are optional these days. if you had to choose between one or the other, the tie takes up less room.

Any suit( with or without vest) is acceptable

for the ladies any cocktail dress that hits below the knee or Pallazo pants are suitable.

Hi

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can wear any suit/any color. A tuxedo is definitely not required. In fact, though I often like to go with a tux, myself, most times it's only maybe 20% or less (just as a rough guess, not by any detailed counting) of the men who dress in tuxedos.

Most men, in my experience, are in a suit of some sort, but not all of them, as even that is not a requirement.