Dressing for dinner

We are sailing on the Majesty next week. Just how dressy is dinner ?? I know there is the formal night - I've packed my suit - but other nights is dress pretty informal ?? I am hoping to wear what I normally wear when abroad - light, linen trousers, open neck shirt and sandals.....no socks !!! Acceptable ?

We were on Majesty about a month ago. About 50% dressed formally on formal night, for the other nights what you usually wear abroad is about right in the main dining room, although I think most people wore shoes not sandles

We are sailing on the Majesty next week. Just how dressy is dinner ?? I know there is the formal night - I've packed my suit - but other nights is dress pretty informal ?? I am hoping to wear what I normally wear when abroad - light, linen trousers, open neck shirt and sandals.....no socks !!! Acceptable ?

I also do the suit for formal nights. Other than that I tend to wear nice jeans or chinos and an open neck shirt, polo shirt or even a smart t shirt. Never had any issues with shoes or sandals either. They don't like shorts or sleeveless tops in the MDR, but I think if you are going smart casual (and it sounds like you are) then I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

its rather charming to pack away all the nice clothes in the suitcase.

Ooh, I am excited thinking about dressing up on formal nights on a ship.

It is exciting and wonderful.

I agree. Nice to get formal, professional photos too. Great memories.

I also do the suit for formal nights. Other than that I tend to wear nice jeans or chinos and an open neck shirt, polo shirt or even a smart t shirt. Never had any issues with shoes or sandals either. They don't like shorts or sleeveless tops in the MDR, but I think if you are going smart casual (and it sounds like you are) then I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Thanks GaryT......I'm pretty sure this is what I wore on the last (our only ) two cruises ( both with Royal C ) and I wasn't arrested and no one fainted. Sooo looking forward to our first cruise with Thomsons.

Absolutely.

You can parade in shorts, t-shirt and flip flop order for breakfast in the main dining room if you so wish, assuming it operates like Spirit and Celebration.

You are guided to a table and have the choice of waiter service or buffet DIY, which is much preferable than the cafeteria option IMO.

Tea is served from teapots - I hate dunking teabags in hot(ish) water !!! :mad:

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Absolutely.

You can parade in shorts, t-shirt and flip flop order for breakfast in the main dining room if you so wish, assuming it operates like Spirit and Celebration.

You are guided to a table and have the choice of waiter service or buffet DIY, which is much preferable than the cafeteria option IMO.

Tea is served from teapots - I hate dunking teabags in hot(ish) water !!! :mad:

Excellent. Thank you for replying to my query. Cases are being packed as I type. Just finished work. Aaaaaaaand relax. It's our sons 18th birthday tomorrow......treating him and his girl to this cruise on the Majesty. Hoping its one to remember

Have a fantastic cruise, and Happy Birthday to your son!! Lucky boy to be treated!

Thank you very much Suzypaulb. He's such a good lad.....never asks for anything and he has worked so hard this year.....starts University in September so he deserves it.

Excellent. Thank you for replying to my query. Cases are being packed as I type. Just finished work. Aaaaaaaand relax. It's our sons 18th birthday tomorrow......treating him and his girl to this cruise on the Majesty. Hoping its one to remember

18 you say ? Many happy returns to son and heir.

Can treat Maw and Paw to a wee swally tomorrow - legally !!! :D

Have a good trip. We're on the Majesty next week, last family holiday altogether possibly with our 18 year old daughter, who is also off to Uni in September.

Post a report on how you're finding it on the Majesty. Any advice most welcome!!

Thank you. Where are you heading on the majesty next week ? This is our first Thomson Cruise.