Annual Policy from April

eel

I am looking for an annual travel insurance policy to commence in September. We will be taking several longish trips over the next year including one that will last 44 days (perhaps longer). The only policies we can find that will cover us for trips over 45 days are either April or GEOBLue. April provides medical and evacuation coverage, $5000 trip interruption coverage as well as coverage for lost/delayed baggage and delayed flights. GEOBlue is strictly coverage for medical and evacuation. The April policy is around $380 and the GEOBLue is around $190. April is primary medical insurance while GEOBLue is secondary.

I am tempted to go with the April policy. The medical and evacuation limits are the same as GEOBLue. Does anyone have experience with April as an insurance carrier? Any opinions on if the interruption/delay/baggage coverage is worth the extra money?

Have you called InsureMyTrip.com to discuss your needs and alternative solutions?

BTW - it took me 5 minutes to find this 90 day policy on the internet

https://buy.travelguard.com/tgi2/proc/launch.aspx?br=tgdirect&intcmp=clc-001-Nav-2-ProductList&st=6&cn=1&arc=000329&dn=1&pcode=AP&plan=114164&prc=008560

The problem with this one however is that the medical and evacuation coverage which is really the only thing you need is way too low.

DON