Birthday on Board Question

Hello,

We are celebrating my mom's birthday this cruise and would like some input/advice!!

First, to have a cake delivered at dinner, do you need to purchase it online or can you go to the store on board and order it then?

Also, does anyone have any "fun" ways to celebrate on the ship? We don't want to purchase the birthday package that they offer, but who has some fun ideas to make it a birthday to remember??

All advice is appreciated!!

Sailing in 7 days woohoo!!

Our dining room team that served our table made the presentation of a (preordered) birthday cake very special for my sist. They all sang to her, lots of cheering, made a napkin "crown" and put it on her head. It was a lot of fun and she loved it!

Our dining room team that served our table made the presentation of a (preordered) birthday cake very special for my sist. They all sang to her, lots of cheering, made a napkin "crown" and put it on her head. It was a lot of fun and she loved it!

They did this for me as well. My husband sent me flowers to the room and our tablemate had the same birthday as me, so ended up surprising each other with presents for dinner.

If the waiters know it's someone's birthday they will bring a special dessert and sing happy birthday to them. They also do this for honeymoon and anniversary.

But if you actually want a cake that says happy birthday you have to order it from the fun shops. They are actually quite good and you can pick the flavor and what it says. Along with what night you want it delivered. Personally, that's what I would do.

You can order it while you are on the ship. I did that for my son's birthday and the dining room team delivered it at the end of our meal and sang to him. The cake was very good, I ordered the vanilla with strawberry filling.

I sailed on my birthday this year. Actually, my birthday happen to fall on sailing day. The rep at the check in counter at the port commented on it when checking my ID and wished me a happy birthday.

When it was dinner time, I was presented a lovely cake by the wait staff who came out singing happy birthday. I asked my family if they paid for a cake and they said no and then we checked our sail and sign account and there was no charge for the cake.

I think it was the very nice man who checked us in at the port that may have had something to do with it. Either way, it was a lovely way to end my birthday and the cake was delicious!