Disappointed with crowds on Oasis

They may have an age restriction and it is awfully expensive ($150 last time I checked), but he would love the behind the scenes tour. Bridge, engine room, I-95, galley, etc.

Once you reach Diamond Plus (175 points) the behind the scenes tours are free. I believe with Diamond level (80 points if I recall properly) you can get a behind the scenes tour of the production show (also free).

Once you reach Diamond Plus (175 points) the behind the scenes tours are free. I believe with Diamond level (80 points if I recall properly) you can get a behind the scenes tour of the production show (also free).

Still 4 cruises away from diamond [emoji22]

But we have 2 booked[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They may have an age restriction and it is awfully expensive ($150 last time I checked), but he would love the behind the scenes tour. Bridge, engine room, I-95, galley, etc.

He'll be 13 when we sail. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

He'll be 13 when we sail. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

My experience is that these fill up REALLY fast. So I would book it as soon as shore excursions and on board activities are available on line. Albeit, a year and a half from now[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I believe Oasis has had some additional cabins added in 2014. However, that alone would not account for the increase in lines that you are referring to.

I read somewhere that the added cabins increased the ships capacity by about 64 people. Insignificant when considering the previous capacity was about 6,200 people.

We were on the same cruise. We noticed there were a lot of large groups. There was also a quinceanera group of 100, which may have contributed to the lines you experienced. We didn't go to the flowrider except to take photos a couple times and didn't try ice skating, so I can't comment on that experience. We noticed large crowds everywhere the first day, but after that, the crowd dispersed nicely for the week. The Royal Promenade was always crowded, especially during sales and on the first day, which was to be expected. There were times when we waited a long time to get an elevator before or after a show or dinner. I'm not sure how much the rescheduled Oasis of Dreams shows impacted the crowd, but I imagine it would have caused more people to be in the other areas during the canceled shows. The beach pool was nice in the morning and tended to get very crowded in the late afternoon on sea days, but that's expected. The dining rooms are set up for dynamic dining and do feel smaller and more cramped, but they aren't built for traditional dining.

Edited by bruinbear24

100 people in the same group trying to do the same thing at the same time constitutes a "crowd" to the rest of us. Even 14 people in a group form their own crowd.

Not saying this was true of the OP, but I've seen large groups trying to go everywhere and sit together for everything and saving seats. That's a crowd to me.

A it is true, certain sailings have many more children that tends to stress the activities. And perhaps more are opting out of traditional dining thus crowding the other eating venues.

I read somewhere that the added cabins increased the ships capacity by about 64 people. Insignificant when considering the previous capacity was about 6,200 people.

Not so insignificant if you are behind those 64 people in line.