reserving shows and dining on the Oasis

ccmg

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday. I booked this cruise only 20 days before we sailed and immediately booked most of our shows and dining. Some had to be done when we embarked. To my surprise had very few issues getting what we wanted.

Now, we have been booked for another cruise, since last March, on the Oasis for July 2016. At what point will I be able to start making reservations? Also, can I assume that the cruise must be paid in full before I can do anything?

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday. I booked this cruise only 20 days before we sailed and immediately booked most of our shows and dining. Some had to be done when we embarked. To my surprise had very few issues getting what we wanted.

Now, we have been booked for another cruise, since last March, on the Oasis for July 2016. At what point will I be able to start making reservations? Also, can I assume that the cruise must be paid in full before I can do anything?

There is no set time for reservations to open. You do not have to be paid in full to make reservations. All you can do is keep watching the website for the reservations to open.

^ What Bob said. I'm sailing on Oasis in November. The entertainment reservations opened up before day 120 (not by much though, I think it was day 123 or 122). It's now day 115 and no dining reservations opened yet. Just keep checking back!

We sailed in March on Oasis and didn't really pre-book much of anything. We did pre-book the comedy show as it sells out often. We did not pre-book any dining and never had a problem eating where we wanted. I can't really speak to the other shows as there wasn't anything we really "HAD" to see and in fact never did any other shows.

We did pre-book the Prohibition Party as it's only about 100 people. It was great fun and I would recommend it.

My observations would be if there is a show you really want to see then pre-book it and I wouldn't sweat the dining reservations. BTW: if you can swing it do the Chef's Table on night it was outstanding. Again, you shouldn't have to pre-book it. Just do it once you get on board. We saw many empty seats at Chef's Table during the week.

There is no set time for reservations to open. You do not have to be paid in full to make reservations. All you can do is keep watching the website for the reservations to open.

I would also add join the roll call for your sailing and subcribe to the thread with instant notification set. Even if you check daily, someone may spot it before you and let the rest of the roll call now.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions!

Is it at least safe to say that nothing will open up until we get closer to that 120 day mark? There's not any chance of it opening during the remainder of 2015? We have some first time cruisers that are very excited and a bit overwhelmed about all this. Trying to put their mind at ease.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions!

Is it at least safe to say that nothing will open up until we get closer to that 120 day mark? There's not any chance of it opening during the remainder of 2015? We have some first time cruisers that are very excited and a bit overwhelmed about all this. Trying to put their mind at ease.

I would not even say that. I would check daily.

I would not even say that. I would check daily.

Bob has good advice. I would also add that you should participate in your roll call thread (or at least monitor it). I check for the opening of reservations very often and will usually post in the roll call for my cruises.

I booked a show last week at about the 110 day mark. No dining is open as of this morning and I am at 101 today. Online check in opened at 140 days. At least that's when I checked and it was available.

I am under 80 days on the Oasis and no dining yet. Per RCI, technical issues and/or the dining hasn't been released yet because the precise dining times have yet to be established. Was told 72 more hours 60 hours ago. We'll see.