Fort Lauderdale: Homewood, GalleryOne,or hampton

mrsgthatsme

What are you looking for in location?

Will you have a car? Need to go shopping? Restaurants nearby? Time for the beach?

I assume you mean the Hampton Inn AirportCruise port not the one downtown. If so, then it's near a shopping plaza that has a Winn-Dixie, but not close to any restaurants.

Gallery One is nearer the Beach (a short walk) and water taxi and near several restaurants. Not sure convenience of shopping in that area, but access to the water taxi helps. It's a newer place. Homewood Suites are on the other side of I-95 from the airport and cruise port. Probably a short taxi ride to any restaurant, like Rustic Inn but not near any grocery stores. Can't recall how close a CVS or Wahlgreens is.

Is Gallery One convenient to the port and the airport? Would you need to take a taxi or shuttle?

Gallery One is about a $25 taxi ride each way.

I'm not sure which Hampton Inn you are looking at, but I think they all have free airport shuttles. If that is the main thing that matters, stay there. If you want to stay in a nice location, stay at Gallery One.

Gallery One would be my choice for sure. Last time we stayed they offered shuttle to port for 15.00 pp but we took taxi for 19.00 plus tip. Hotel buffet breakfast not cheap.