NCL or Qantas Cruises?

mongee

I am trying to decide whether to cancel my NCL booking on POA and rebook through Qantas Cruises (same balcony category). I booked POA for May 2016 directly with NCL in AUD but now have found that with Qantas Cruises the cruise is almost $1100 AUD cheaper (for both of us, not each). I would lose the DSC promo worth about $250 AUD but to pay $800-$850 less all up would be a great saving.

My question - if I do cancel with NCL and rebook through Qantas what control would I lose in myNCL regarding my booking? Would I still be able to book shore excursions, reserve specialty dining, prepay the DSC etc? Would there be any other disadvantages?

We usually get about 10% cheaper price through our US TA than from NCL directly. Bigger price difference than that, the TA can have a group block in that category booked which could also explain the difference.

Unless different rules apply for bookings made in Australia, you are able to transfer a booking within 60 days. This allows you to keep the same promo offered by NCL at the time of the original booking. You would still get the price offered by the TA and any other perks they offer as well. No cancellation is needed for the original booking, you are just transferring ownership of the booking. You can still access MYNCL for reservations, etc.

If you are more than 60 days out from booking date, your only option is to cancel with NCL and rebook with the TA. You would get whatever the TA offered plus the current promo at NCL. You can still access MYNCL and book reservations, etc, but you would need to have your TA call to handle things like cabin changes or price drops.

Thanks all. It has been more than 60 days since I made my booking with NCL. I am still thinking about this and am still undecided.

If I do change my booking to Qantas can I still do online check in on myNCL? I have been looking at the fees on Qantas and notice there is a fee for online check in which I assume is if they do it for me.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/cruises-terms-and-conditions/global/en