Liberty of the Seas - Stateroom 8710 (Aft Balcony)

When booking our last cruise, I saw that this stateroom was available and searched all I could about it. In order to help others in the future looking at this stateroom, I thought I would write a little review.

Just yesterday we completed a B2B on Liberty of the Seas: July 11th - July 25th. For the 5-night we were in an inside cabin, and then switched to this for the 9-night. So glad it was in this order! I could not get enough of this wonderful balcony!

The stateroom itself was roomier than the inside (it seemed wider), but not by much. There is 1 Pullman bed in this stateroom and my son loved it. He had also slept in one in the inside cabin.

Cons: There is vibration at the back of the ship, but after the first night I did not hear it anymore. Also when arriving / leaving port there is vibration, but one is not trying to sleep then. :-)

Pros: After that first night had some of the best sleep ever in this stateroom.

The balcony! Wow! It was simply beautiful. We had two chairs, a little table and two loungers with still plenty of room to stand. It says obstructed view in description, but that is because of the white pole of structure at the back, and the door. That white pole was really nothing - the view one has is wonderful. The entire aft of the ship AND to the port side of the ship. A very panoramic view.

Also to mention is the door. This is an actual door and NOT a sliding door as with other balcony staterooms. This actually worked out very well for us. Plenty of light during the day, and at night let in very little of the ship's lights that are on at night, so we had just the right amount of darkness for sleeping.

There was some soot, but nothing major at all - it washed away in the rain.

Would I book this stateroom again - absolutely! I miss my naps on that lounger on the balcony...

Stateroom8710-PullmanbedandMaindoor.pdf

Stateroom8710-BalconyPictures.pdf

Stateroom8710-morebalconypictures.pdf

Edited by seaotter15

• 3 months later...