TrentS - Bahia Mar to Port Everglades

jonesmen

TrentS- I know the Bahia Mar does not have a complimentary shuttle. There are 12 of us who will need to get from the hotel to the port. Suggestions on the best way to do it? We would like to get to the port early so that we can embark as soon as possible-

Thanks!

I know this message is for Trents, but I will jump in here and tell you what we did when we stayed here. We had a group of 5 of us stay at this hotel last March for our pre-cruise stay. We didn't want to take 2 cabs to the pier, we simply spoke to the bell hop at the hotel, who was very helpful and arranged for a van to transport the 5 of us to the pier at our requested time.

Hope this helps, and sorry to jump in on you Trents, perhaps you would have another suggestion for this poster.

Jonesmen, this hotel was very nice, a bit on the older side, but we found it clean and the hotel staff very nice and helpful. I would stay here again in a minute. I got this hotel compliments of priceline.

The beach is right across the street, you walk across a catwalk and your on the beach. This hotel is also on the Water Taxi stop, which we took advantage of and headed to Olas Blvd., had alot of fun shopping and had a nice dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

The restaurant in the hotel had a very good breakfast buffet for I believe it was $13+- per person, we took advantage of it, don't ask why, we were boarding a cruise to eat for 7 days, but we did and it was very good.

I think you will be pleased with this hotel, I know we were very happy here and the staff was wonderful.

Anyother questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Hope this helps and enjoy!!!!

You can jump in anytime doone! ;)

I agree, having the concierge arrange for a van/minibus is probably the quickest/easiest way.

Do take advantage of the Water Taxi, it's the best bargain in Fort Lauderdale... http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

Las Olas Blvd. is well worth the trip, beautiful street, great shops and restaurants... http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

And thanks for mentioning Cheesecake Factory, now I'm hungry! LOL ;)

Thanks so much for the advice! Since we have 12 people ranging from 7 to 82, and aren't getting in until 6:30 pm, I'm not sure how adventurous some of the group will be. Are there any local restaurant favorites (or other great options like CF:D ) closer to the hotel for dinner?

There are a few places along the beach, a few blocks north. Oasis Cafe is the closest... http://www.fortlauderdalebeachrestaurants.com/html/oasis/home.htm

It would be less walking though to take the Water Taxi over to the Riverside Hotel stop on Las Olas Blvd. as there are many restaurants on Las Olas. The Cheesecake Factory is at the Riverside Hotel.

Archived