Allure of the seas- Capri ferry

Hi,

We are sailing on the Allure of the Seas and I have just gone to book a ferry to go over to Capri for the day when we dock at Naples but I am not sure if this is correct do we board from Molo Beverello?

Also is it best to book before hand on just purchase on the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

We are sailing on the Allure of the Seas and I have just gone to book a ferry to go over to Capri for the day when we dock at Naples but I am not sure if this is correct do we board from Molo Beverello?

Also is it best to book before hand on just purchase on the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cruise ships dock at Gare Maritima which is about 100 meters away from Mole Beverello.

Ships to Capri or Sorento or Ischia run frequently (about every 30 minutes) and there is no need or advantage to book tickets in advance.

You should just leave Allure early and check with the ticket offices that are directly at the Mole Beverello. It will get crowded later, especially when many ships are in port.

And do not follow one of the private tour guides and drivers that will approach you after leaving the ship....

We are planning on going to Pompeii early in the morning and then heading over to Capri in the afternoon....should I be OK for a ferry/hydrofoil...getting there and back??

Thanks in advance

I would be interested in the answer to this too. We are going straight to Pompeii and we were wondering what to do in the afternoon. I know we could get the train up to Sorrento but I did that last year so would much rather go to Capri if there is time.

I would be interested in the answer to this too. We are going straight to Pompeii and we were wondering what to do in the afternoon. I know we could get the train up to Sorrento but I did that last year so would much rather go to Capri if there is time.

You might be able to do this if the cruise ship is in port until 7 pm or later. However, you need some time in Capri as the nice town is on a hill that you reach only by cable car. If you want to see the blue grotto you have to take a boat trip. For both activities there are longer lines and waiting times most of the year. The ferries from / to Naples are in general very reliable but schedule some extra time for always possible delays.

The Ferry trip to Capri itself is not so much fun with this old hydrofoil jets. You sit like in an uncomfortable stinky airplane and feel the motion of the ocean quiet intensively (even if waves are not high).