VE guarantee

Mocha57

Okay, I think I have this figured out. Booking a VE guarantee doesn't translate to a VE cabin assignment (for example cabin VE7130), right? I know I will be guaranteed "VE or better". But do we have a way to know which cabins are in the VE booking category, other than talking to someone at HA?

Thanks!

Mocha

But do we have a way to know which cabins are in the VE booking category, other than talking to someone at HA?

Mocha

Sure. They're color coded on the deck plans. I don't know what ship you're on, but look here for an example:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=na_2&deck=n&deep=0

Edited by jtl513

It will take time, but you can do lots of dummy bookings on HAL's site to see what cabins are available.

OR

There are other travel sites where you can see some of the cabins that they still have available for booking in your cabin category.

From my unscientific experimentation, it's looking like the HAL website shows 10 cabins in the class that you're looking for, even though more may be available (so, not 100% sure why you're saying you need to use other travel sites - but I'm a newby here, so I may have missed something).

To get the full picture, you have to type in every cabin in the class you're interested in.

It will take time, but you can do lots of dummy bookings on HAL's site to see what cabins are available.

To get the full picture, you have to type in every cabin in the class you're interested in.

Why do you both think the OP is asking about finding out which VE are available? That's not the way I read the question "But do we have a way to know which cabins are in the VE booking category,"

Edited by jtl513

Why do you both think the OP is asking about finding out which VE are available? That's not the way I read the question "But do we have a way to know which cabins are in the VE booking category,"

Oops - I had read the initial post, and the first response.. Then, I came back mind-thread to Krazy Kruizers' comment, and continued the discussion on from there.

So, yes, the OP's question was already answered. But, that made for a very short thread :).

Sure. They're color coded on the deck plans. I don't know what ship you're on, but look here for an example:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=na_2&deck=n&deep=0

I agree with JTL...I print up all the deck plans for every ship we are booked on to see our location, the MDR, Lido etc. etc. As JTL states the classes are all color coded & easy to read.. Just hit the "printable deck plan" key..

Thank you so much, JTL, for helping clarify my question. I am trying to figure out if "VE gty" when booking means a "VE" cabin when looking at the deck plan. The deck plans are easy to figure out. The logic (if any) when booking -- not as easy to figure out!! One week -- VE gty for $1499 per person. The next week -- VC gty for $1719 per person. Personally I find the VE cabins more desirable (maybe just personal opinion). That is why I couldn't understand the increase for VC gty. And that is why my question of which cabins are VE gty.

BTW, we are booked on the Westerdam with a VE gty. (I book guarantee to save money for drinks and excursions. I follow the advice of guaranteeing the type of cabin we would be happy with.) I am just trying to help others and also figure things out for future cruises.

Rather than paying a lot more for booking a specific cabin, I wish we could pay a bit more to book a specific class (VA, VB, VC, etc) of cabin.

Thanks!

I agree with JTL...I print up all the deck plans for every ship we are booked on to see our location, the MDR, Lido etc. etc. As JTL states the classes are all color coded & easy to read.. Just hit the "printable deck plan" key..

There's even a app for iPhone & iPad (called "Deck Director") which gives you an interactive map of the decks - with instructions of how to get from "here" to "there"...

The logic (if any) when booking -- not as easy to figure out!! One week -- VE gty for $1499 per person. The next week -- VC gty for $1719 per person. Personally I find the VE cabins more desirable (maybe just personal opinion). That is why I couldn't understand the increase for VC gty. And that is why my question of which cabins are VE gty.

I don't think specific cabins within a category are allocated to be guarantees; it can be any cabin in that category. If they had to keep specific ones for guarantees, it would defeat the purpose of having as much flexibility as possible in selling specific cabins in the category and allowing them to assign any that are not specifically booked.

As for the prices fluctuating, I would say supply and demand accounts for that.