Need transportation only to Belize Zoo (shuttle/transfer/taxi/bus)

anonmom

We'll be in Belize City in early February on the Jade and I'd like to bring my daughter to the zoo. How can we get there without taking an excursion or tour? I'm OK with public transportation, a private cab, a shared shuttle, whatever. We speak both English and Spanish and don't need any sort of tour, just a reliable/safe ride there and back.

Thanks!

We went several years ago and just found a company when we arrived. The man who drove told us a lot about Belize on our trip to the zoo. It was not close to the port, so I am thankful we didn't have any trouble. Make sure you take bug repellent-the mosquitos were large and immediately attacked us when we arrived and we didn't come prepared, so we had to buy something there after already being bitten.

I don't remember the exact price. Seems like around $70 or $75. I just looked on shore excursioneer's site and it is $74.99 and then I looked on Splash Wave Tours and it is $70. I would just book directly with splash waves tour in belize to save $5.00 p/p. I didn't go on the excursion. It was my husband and 2 of our children and my nephew. I booked it though with shore excursioneer. Splash Wave Tours gave them their card after the excursion. I know the boat ride over was at least 30 minutes because I went on the excursion to Shark Ray Alley/Coral Gardens a few years ago with Coral Breeze tours. It was a great experience but didn't care for the time going to Caye Caulker after the snorkeling. Seems like every company goes to Caye Calker afterwards--I guess to give them some business. With Splash Wave Tours it is $70 without lunch and $80 with lunch. The excursion lasted so long, they didn't have any time to shop after the excursion and just took the tender back to the ship. Hope that helped.