Anyone on Nov. 6, 2016 Star cruise get cancellation letter?

Vacationlover2

I am suppose to be on the 16 day Transatlantic cruise on the star 10/29/16..I too recieved a cancellation letter...From what I have been told, this cruise now will be a 14 day T/A cruise and from what I have read on a release from NCL, the Stars new homeport for winter 2016 will be Tampa and not Houston.

Here is the e-mail I got from NCL...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CRUISE:

Dear Valued Guest & Travel Partner:

On Monday, August 3, 2015, Norwegian Cruise Line will announce exciting and exotic new itineraries for the Fall/Winter 2016/2017 deployment, bringing

the world to guests who want to explore new sights while experiencing the freedom and flexibility that only Norwegian Cruise Line can offer.

As a result of the scheduling changes, Norwegian Jade's 16-Day Transatlantic sailing from Barcelona on October 29, 2016, is no longer available. We

sincerely apologize for this cancellation and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a

lifetime with Norwegian and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Move to Norwegian Epic's 13-Day Transatlantic sailing from Barcelona on October 30, 2016, and your cruise fare will be protected. If you

choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to

your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on

any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

- Option 2: Move to Norwegian Jade's 14-Day Transatlantic sailing from Barcelona on October 30, 2016, and your cruise fare will be protected. If you

choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to

your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on

any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

- Option 3: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until April 30, 2017 at the current published fare. If you choose this option, a $50 per

stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are

currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship

excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

The new itineraries will be open for sale later this month, but will be exclusively available to you beginning, Monday, August 17, 2015. To take action on

your reservation, please contact our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. We look forward to

hearing from you by Monday, August 24, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. If we do not receive a response by then, your reservations will be

cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

I am suppose to be on the 16 day Transatlantic cruise on the star 10/29/16..I too recieved a cancellation letter...From what I have been told, this cruise now will be a 14 day T/A cruise and from what I have read on a release from NCL, the Stars new homeport for winter 2016 will be Tampa and not Houston.

You are mixing the two ships, Jade and Star. As your email below states, your booking has been on Jade and everything else you wrote applies to Jade, not Star.

Here is the e-mail I got from NCL...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CRUISE:

As a result of the scheduling changes, Norwegian Jade's 16-Day Transatlantic sailing from Barcelona on October 29, 2016, is no longer available.

. Edited by Demonyte

You are mixing the two ships, Jade and Star. As your email below states, your booking has been on Jade and everything else you wrote applies to Jade, not Star.

Yes that is correct, I'm on the Jade next year, typo error.....I'm on the Star T/A this year and leaving on Oct 6th....

As of today, the 5th of August ( while I am aware that the cruise has been cancelled 13 Oct 2016 10 day western caribean on the Star...) I still have not heard anything from NCL, when I called our TA, she knew nothing and insisted that the cruise was still "viable"...After reading everything in here I've read, I knew better than both her as well as NCL who was still claiming on Monday that the cruise had not been cancelled...I had to read to them their "media release" to get them to understand that they were giving out wrong information and there was no way for the ship to be in 3 places at once...Took 3 calls and 3 "REPS" to make that point...The offer they made which is not certain yet, (will know after the 17th...???) was for 1 cruise in Jan of 2017 on the JADE with an itinerary that has yet to be set..."Everything" should transfer over but we wanted to cruise in October. not January...Not so much pissed that they needed to redeploy, angry that they've know this for months and yet continued to sell cruises knowing this was going to be a huge issue that probably affects more than 10,000 "guests"...???I am still waiting to hear anything, whatever it is I know, I got from here, seems CC knew before NCL what was going to happen...

So...???

Agree. We had a B2B on the Epic in Nov/Dec 2016. Have talked to our TA & also to NCL in Miami.....everybody says, "Wait until after 8/17." We booked because of "deal" with UBP & UDP. No idea if will xfer. May go to Carnival Vista instead & try to get Platium on Carnival, because NCL doesn't seem to care. Joe

I still have not heard anything from NCL...So...???

We have heard contradictory information from NCL about our cruise, so hearing something still has us in your position and also asking the question "So...???"

We had/have an Epic cruise booked for November 20, 2016. On Monday, an NCL customer service representative told me it was cancelled and we also received the cancellation notice via e-mail. Then, on Thursday a customer service supervisor (who I had spoken with earlier in the week) called me and told me that our cruise was not canceled, but instead there was just a change to one of the ports. I asked her if she was sure, because everything else points to it having been cancelled. She said that she spoke with the revenue department and they were sure. But, then she backtracked and said that she would need to look into it again and that she would contact me again after she checked (I have not yet heard back from her).

That NCL decided to introduce all of these cancellations was irritating in the first place, but more irritating has been the way NCL decided to implement this: not having enough staff ready to address customer questions and thus requiring long holds, not having complete re-booking information available at the time of cancellation and thus providing only one part of the cancellation equation, writing/sending an e-mail that attempts to spin the cancellation as a positive change and not providing options of value in relation to the cruise that was booked, etc.

We have enjoyed cruising with NCL; actually, they introduced us to and got us hooked on cruising. But, at the moment we are quite happy that our next two cruises are with Celebrity and we have some time to make a decision about whether we will continue to cruise with NCL.