Magic VS Conquest

minniegidget

Right now I am booked on the Magic for a 7 nt cruise in May. I see the Conquest has a 8 nt cruise the same date for just a little over 200.00 total. I have a cove balcony now on the Magic.

I have sailed on the Magic before and love it. Never sailed on Conquest

How different are the ships?

I see that the conquest is smaller but it has Guy's Burgers. Magic does not. I am really not into the bar thing or big on the clubs.

I am looking for a balcony cabin any help on pro or cons on the Conquest would be great and is there a better cabin location.

Thanks

Barbara

If you are going to cancel the sooner you do it the better. Remember, you don't just change a booking. You cancel and use your deposit minus a $50 change fee for a different cruise.

$200 for one day is a lot of money.

Conquest doesn't have coves and I don't think I would let a hamburger, albeit a really good hamburger, to pick my cruise.

With Magic going into drydock before your cruise, it's still up in the air what will be added or taken away on the ship. Right now, the ship has an amazing magic (illusion) show on one night, but Carnival has recently been removing the good entertainment on ships during drydocks & replacing it with cheaper entertainment that's not nearly as good. This has already happened with Conquest, but it might happen to Magic before you sail. And, as mentioned already, the Magic might get Guys & Blue Iguana cantina in the drydock. Some people think these burgers are the best food item that mankind has ever come up with, while many others feel that it's only a slightly above average burger. I give it a B or B-.

Other than those uncertainties, some differences to consider: Conquest has 1 waterslide while Magic has 2 plus a nice splash factory. Conquest has 3 pools & 1 or 2 hot tubs around each pool, while Magic has 2 pools, and the main pool has 0 hot tubs anywhere nearby. Conquest does not have the deck 5 lanai, the lanai BBQ, or the ropes course. Conquest has fish n chips instead of Cucina del Capitano (aka the free pasta bar at lunch).

My 14 yo son and I were on the Magic in July. I thought it was great and loved the outside lanai all the way around the ship. I did miss the guys burgers and fish and chips, though.

Here is my sons review: it was fine. Seriously, that is what he said. A man of many words. When pressed for details he said that compared to the other ship (Liberty-two times) he liked the fries for sure, burgers too, at guys. He also was really disappointed that there was no hot tub at the main pool-he like to watch the movies at night from the hot tubs. And lastly, he said the ropes course was overrated-way too easy. Don't forget, he's a teenager.:)

So there it is.

We are cruising on the Conquest over Thanksgiving so hubby can be with us this time. Surprise for son, we are not telling him until after we land in Florida and are headed to the pier. Hopefully we can keep the secret.

How could I forget? there is a tabletop shuffleboard near the red frog pub on the Magic. Very entertaining when traveling with a teenager. It was a nice hidden gem tucked away by the doors to the outside lanai, untill everyone found it on the third day. Then it got busier, but still fun to try and "win the table" from others.

Sherry

My 14 yo son and I were on the Magic in July. I thought it was great and loved the outside lanai all the way around the ship. I did miss the guys burgers and fish and chips, though.

Here is my sons review: it was fine. Seriously, that is what he said. A man of many words. When pressed for details he said that compared to the other ship (Liberty-two times) he liked the fries for sure, burgers too, at guys. He also was really disappointed that there was no hot tub at the main pool-he like to watch the movies at night from the hot tubs. And lastly, he said the ropes course was overrated-way too easy. Don't forget, he's a teenager.:)

So there it is.

We are cruising on the Conquest over Thanksgiving so hubby can be with us this time. Surprise for son, we are not telling him until after we land in Florida and are headed to the pier. Hopefully we can keep the secret.

...your son's face when he learns of the cruise!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've sailed both. I like the view of the water better on the Conquest than the Magic. We were last on Deck 9 of the Magic and looking over the balcony you see hot tubs and deck whereas on the Conquest from same deck you look down onto water. Conquest is smaller and older but still has many positive attributes. Sailing her again in October. Have thought of trying a cove balcony next time we sail on the Magic.