Newark Hotels? (Port Liberty, NJ)

CaribbeanBound

Since the Zenith sails out of Port Liberty to Bermuda, I am posting here.

I know most have shuttle service to/from the airport.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Newark?

Do any hotels have shuttles to the pier?

Is there a better alternative to a $36 taxi ride each way airport to pier?

Thank you.

hi Caribean we stayed at the Springhill Suites at the airport in July when we went on the Zenith , however we drove from there to the pier it was at the most 15 minutes ...... they also served a breakfast you can also get takeout service for food at night we were very happy with the hotel it was quiet and clean

I don't have the answer to your dilemma, but I'm in the same boat (ha ha). Not really, we sail on Voyager of the Seas Sunday. Anyway, we're staying at the Best Western Newark Airport. They do offer a park, stay and cruise package for @$150 for two people. It offers one night stay, breakfast and round trip shuttle to the pier. Without a car to park, it's about $140.00. Without the package at all, its $88 for the room that night. We are flying into LaG and taking a hired car to the Best Western Saturday. It's getting to the pier that's causing the problem. I want to take the train from the Newark airport to the (Bergen???) train station then get a cab for the final three miles. My husband vetoes this because he doesn't want to keep up with three people's suitcases and all the loading and unloading.

Good luck figuring out how to avoid the $35 charge for a 6 mile cab ride. That's the crazy part - it's only 6 miles!!

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the suggestions. I ended up making a $50 bid on Priceline.com's "Elizabeth-Newark Airport" zone for a 2.5-star hotel. They gave us the 3-star Windham Newark Airport. It has a free airport shuttle but no free breakfast. (We don't require parking).

We checked into this hotel yesterday. Just this week it changed hands and is now the Doubletree Hotel. If anybody has it booked, just don't be surprised! It's very nice and we had a delicious filet and prime rib in Shulas2 restaurant here at the hotel last night. They also have their shuttle available to take you to the Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, which is enclosed and very nice. The shuttle takes you to the airport where the hotel shuttles pick you up, and then the mall shuttle picks you up for the ride to the mall. $1.00 roundtrip, paid on the way back. We ate at Johnny Rockets there!!

• 1 month later...

The Wyndham Newark Airport is nice. I stay there if I have an early flight as they have a park and fly package. The hotel has a Don Shula 2 (sports bar) to eat at. It is mainly sandwiches and burgers but very good.

They have a free shuttle from the airport you need to get on the monorail and go to I believe the P4 stop and they will pick you up from there. Very convenient.

Archived