Thomson Discovery and The Caribbean

Hello everyone

Haven't been on for awhile! Can anyone tell me whether Discovery will be sailing the Caribbean winter 2016/17 and does anybody know when cruises for that season go on sale? Planning a biggie for my biggie lol!!!

Probably, and after this years summer season is finished. Usually beginning of November.

Hello everyone

Haven't been on for awhile! Can anyone tell me whether Discovery will be sailing the Caribbean winter 2016/17 and does anybody know when cruises for that season go on sale? Planning a biggie for my biggie lol!!!

Hi afloaty yes she is home based Barbados 2016-17 she is leaving the med early arriving st martin on the 11th november,after that she is booked into St martin 16 time,s it sound,s to me that most of her cruise,s will be the Eastern caribbean going north bound, as for booking your cruise mid November is norm for early booker,s i hope this helps ;)

Have you done transatlantic crossing, Caribbean to Europe, if so what is your opinion? Just that it seems excellent value.

So sorry can,t help but there are many nice people on this forum who can PS i won,t bore you with my own exploit,s on an old Banana Boat from Castries to Southampton. :D

Have you done transatlantic crossing, Caribbean to Europe, if so what is your opinion? Just that it seems excellent value.

We did it last year.

The journey back included Bermuda and the Azores which was the pull for us.

As you say it is very good value for money. Some excellent ports and not too far to fly home.

A little tip if you decide to go for this, the price usually drops closer to sailing. I'm not sure what it is at the moment, I'll check in a while.

Now that sounds interesting so why not :rolleyes:

Had a Email from thom,s as a valued thomson cruise customer which dining theme would you like to see for one of the restaurant,s on board Thomson Discovery you had multiple choice ,but pick only one me i have gone for fish/seafood ;)

Had a Email from thom,s as a valued thomson cruise customer which dining theme would you like to see for one of the restaurant,s on board Thomson Discovery you had multiple choice ,but pick only one me i have gone for fish/seafood ;)

Yay voted for Italian [emoji106]🏻[emoji2]

We've only ever done the transatlantics the other way around, sailing to the Caribbean in November/December, but they are great value as you have a block of 6 days at sea which doesn't suit everyone.

However, they put on a lot of extra entertainment, and on these cruises if you book early you get the drinks package thrown in for free, then after that offer has finished, they usually offer the drinks package for £10 per person per night which is still great value, until around 3 months before sailing. It makes the whole package price fantastic value.

They also normally visit some destinations that Thomson don't usually take in so it's nice to visit some ports off the beaten track so to speak.

S'oton Saint got the Discovery's plans spot on and will leave Europe on it's TA crossing on 29 October IIRC. Also looks like the Dream will be back in Montego Bay, again heading out there a month earlier than normal.

We've only ever done the transatlantics the other way around, sailing to the Caribbean in November/December, but they are great value as you have a block of 6 days at sea which doesn't suit everyone.

However, they put on a lot of extra entertainment, and on these cruises if you book early you get the drinks package thrown in for free, then after that offer has finished, they usually offer the drinks package for £10 per person per night which is still great value, until around 3 months before sailing. It makes the whole package price fantastic value.

They also normally visit some destinations that Thomson don't usually take in so it's nice to visit some ports off the beaten track so to speak.

S'oton Saint got the Discovery's plans spot on and will leave Europe on it's TA crossing on 29 October IIRC. Also looks like the Dream will be back in Montego Bay, again heading out there a month earlier than normal.

Thanks for all the information BaggersCruising we are still undecided but love hearing everyone's views etc. we have to decide by November as we want to book early [emoji4]

S'oton Saint got the Discovery's plans spot on and will leave Europe on it's TA crossing on 29 October IIRC. Also looks like the Dream will be back in Bay, again heading out there a month earlier than normal.

Well spotted BAG,S where did you find Dream, i looked in the Pacific and the Indian ocean,s to no avail grumpy SAINT after yesterday 3 -0 THUMPING by Everton :eek:

Thanks for all the information BaggersCruising we are still undecided but love hearing everyone's views etc. we have to decide by November as we want to book early [emoji4]

You're welcome. Still got a few months to decide and more details of the itineraries will no doubt be leaked beforehand. You'll also have a few weeks to book after the brochure is released, should you wish to take advantage of any early booking offers that may be offered. However, booking early to get any deals isn't always the best value. It does secure you though your choice of cabin etc.

Well spotted BAG,S where did you find Dream, i looked in the Pacific and the Indian ocean,s to no avail grumpy SAINT after yesterday 3 -0 THUMPING by Everton :eek:

It was 3-0? Ouch!

Well, on the Jamacian Port Authority's calendar there is a cruise ship booked in from late November 2016 through to mid April 2017. It's booked under a code, but seeing as it's there on Tuesday's throughout the season at the same berth as the Dream (meaning it's for embarkation and disembarkation) it's a fairly educated guess it'll be the Dream!

And me grumpy because we lost to Leicester at home after beating Arsenal at the Emirates!

You're welcome. Still got a few months to decide and more details of the itineraries will no doubt be leaked beforehand. You'll also have a few weeks to book after the brochure is released, should you wish to take advantage of any early booking offers that may be offered. However, booking early to get any deals isn't always the best value. It does secure you though your choice of cabin etc.

It was 3-0? Ouch!

Well, on the Jamacian Port Authority's calendar there is a cruise ship booked in from late November 2016 through to mid April 2017. It's booked under a code, but seeing as it's there on Tuesday's throughout the season at the same berth as the Dream (meaning it's for embarkation and disembarkation) it's a fairly educated guess it'll be the Dream!

Hi bag,s have found Dream or Celebration in Jamaica arriving 29th november docking every tuesday leaving 11th april 2017 code PAJ 20-312 same berth 5/6 as you said can,t be anything else :D