Westerdam Deck 8

kalliekae

We booked cabin 8095 on the Westerdam for our Sept 2016 cruise. However, now I am concerned that it is below the Lido Restaurant. Has anyone stayed on Deck 8 and is it noisy? What time does the Lido close at night? I know there will be cleaning after hours, but I'm not sure how late they might be cleaning the floors. We don't mind some noise, but wondering how late it might be noisy. Thanks!

I am booked on Zuiderdam in cabin 8090 which is in exactly the same position on the port side. I did a lot of research but the information is that the area on the lido is carpeted and you do not get any noise. After looking at the deck plan I think it would be the same for you. The noisy areas I have found are if you are under the pool areas. Where they cleanup and reposition the furniture at 6:00 in the morning

Last fall we were on the Noordam in cabin 80**, under dining area... Dining hours, we had no sound, but it was the vacuuming after hours we heard. Vacuums were really no problem as it passed quickly, however when they would hit one of the metal thresholds between areas... It was machine gun fire into the room!!!

Spoke with dining room manager & it stopped... They began turning off vacs as they went over the thresholds late in the evening. All was good then... Should you have machine gun fire in your cabin, just talk with the dining steward/supervisor & all will be fine.

We have been in many cabins right under the Lido buffet dining area and never had a problem with noise. It fact, that is my favorite location on a ship, as you can easily "pop" up to the Lido for a coffee or snack!