Equinox - Dietary Queries

The Shutterbug

Hi!

We are counting down the days until we sail on Equinox :)

I have searched but the answer still eludes me :confused: lol

Is there anywhere on board that you can get a green smoothie? (ie kale, spinach etc with water) I have become quite addicted to our nutri bullet.

Also is Almond or Coconut Milk in the buffet? (I know there is Soya milk but I can't take that)

Thanks a lot :)

My wife has Celiac and we always send in the Special Needs form. Not sure if it apply to a 'preference' which is not a diet requirement. But here is the link to the form, you can give it a try.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs-form

At the bottom of the form is an area for 'other' needs, you can put your question there and they do respond back.

Edited by wallie5446

I have gluten sensitivity, and am sugar free, grain free, soy free, dairy free etc. and am considered a "health nut" by family and friends. I consume a large share of green smoothies myself, almost daily.

When I go on a cruise, I also take a vacation from most of my regimen, except I continue to be gluten-free due to necessity and because Celebrity makes it so convenient. I enjoy myself and eat desserts, and potatoes, rice, crepes, and all the goodies I don't eat at home. I pay for it, feeling more sluggish for a couple weeks, but it's worth it. Once I get back on track, it feels good too!

I have never been able to obtain anything like a veggie smoothie on any ship, even in spa-type restaurants. The only thing resembling a health smoothie contains yogurt, sugar syrup, and fruit. I do pack a shaker bottle (non-electric) and a powerered green drink that I add to water easy day.

I have gluten sensitivity' date=' and am sugar free, grain free, soy free, dairy free etc. and am considered a "health nut" by family and friends. I consume a large share of green smoothies myself, almost daily.

When I go on a cruise, I also take a vacation from most of my regimen, except I continue to be gluten-free due to necessity and because Celebrity makes it so convenient. I enjoy myself and eat desserts, and potatoes, rice, crepes, and all the goodies I don't eat at home. I pay for it, feeling more sluggish for a couple weeks, but it's worth it. Once I get back on track, it feels good too!

I have never been able to obtain anything like a veggie smoothie on any ship, even in spa-type restaurants. The only thing resembling a health smoothie contains yogurt, sugar syrup, and fruit. I do pack a shaker bottle (non-electric) and a powerered green drink that I add to water easy day.[/quote']

Ha! I could have wrote that first sentence! I have turned my health around this past year through diet, actually lifestyle change as its not a diet :)

Your second paragraph is good to read though :) I was just going to have an eating holiday LOL! but was feeling guilty, good to know other 'Health Freaks' do it too ;)

Thanks everyone, that is a great help :)

My wife has Celiac and we always send in the Special Needs form. Not sure if it apply to a 'preference' which is not a diet requirement. But here is the link to the form, you can give it a try.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs-form

At the bottom of the form is an area for 'other' needs, you can put your question there and they do respond back.

Thank you, I done this regarding Gluten Free & Almond milk and they say it is available, just ask the waiter :)

Ha! I could have wrote that first sentence! I have turned my health around this past year through diet, actually lifestyle change as its not a diet :)

Your second paragraph is good to read though :) I was just going to have an eating holiday LOL! but was feeling guilty, good to know other 'Health Freaks' do it too ;)

Thanks everyone, that is a great help :)

Lol, yes!! There are a few of us freaks here and there! I don't drink alcohol either, but I'll be imbibing, since we will have the premium drink package. I'll stick with the low sugar selections, vodka, and tequila. I hope I don't pay too dearly!! :)

Don't feel guilty, life is too short!

Happy cruising! (and eating!)

Susan

Lol' date=' yes!! There are a few of us freaks here and there! I don't drink alcohol either, but I'll be imbibing, since we will have the premium drink package. I'll stick with the low sugar selections, vodka, and tequila. I hope I don't pay too dearly!! :)

Don't feel guilty, life is too short!

Happy cruising! (and eating!)

Susan[/quote']

Thank you fellow freak ;) I'm the same with alcohol now too but I will have a few cocktails :)

Happy cruising and eating indeed! Lol :)