Which drinks package?

deeorb

If you would tell us how many drinks and what kinds of drinks you would consume each day of the cruise, we can give you an idea if it will be less expensive to purchase a package.

Agreed. Are you happy with tap water? Or do you need bottled? Bottled is available in the ultimate package (55 plus grant per day) are you happy with house wine, or do you like specific varietals, and maybe a higher priced wine? Plus how many glasses per night. Wine starts at $8 a glass from what I have seen, but the ultimate and Premium cover up to $12 a glass. Add to the confusion that you can sign up for caps and corks I'd you just want tap water during the day, wine in the eve.

Edited by lnuzzo

Bottled water during the day and 3 glasses of wine per evening, plus coffee

What kind of coffee, how many each day? How many bottles of water each day? Are you OK with house wine?

Sounds like the ultimate package would be best. Covers bottled water, specialty coffees (cappuccino espresso etc) and 3 glasses of wine at say 10 a glass (mid range) already takes up the bulk of the per day cost.

Edited by lnuzzo

Americano coffee and zinfandel wine

I'm thinking you are talking about what we would call regular coffee, which is complimentary on the ship. Three bottles of water would be $6, and 3 glasses of house wine would be $24. Given that, if would be less expensive to buy your drinks singly. The least expensive package that includes wine and bottled water is $49 per day. You would save even more by bringing a case of water onboard.

We were given bottled water with the premium package. We figured we needed to drink about 5 a day to break even. It also included shots of Baliey's in our AM coffee.

None of the packages include the special drinks in the pineapples they sell by the pool.

I am asking this question myself as I would normally automatically buy a a soda package and a water package. So a very light normal day would include a specialty Coffee, loads of soda, at least 2 or 3 cocktails and definitely 2 more expensive wines with dinner along with sparkling water. I'm thinking I need to get a package? Last time I cruised I was still in front as to get to the package you had to drink double this. Do I need a package?

I am asking this question myself as I would normally automatically buy a a soda package and a water package. So a very light normal day would include a specialty Coffee, loads of soda, at least 2 or 3 cocktails and definitely 2 more expensive wines with dinner along with sparkling water. I'm thinking I need to get a package? Last time I cruised I was still in front as to get to the package you had to drink double this. Do I need a package?

The sparkling water pushes you to the Ultimate package at $55 per day. Your 3 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine would probably be in excess of $50. Adding the specialty coffee and water would make it worth it to have the Ultimate package.

I'm glad I found this post...I had started another thread about the drinks package (and I think clarea provided help on that one, too -- thanks!!!). I was worried about "breaking even" and my husband brought up a very good point... I want the drinks package so I can have a good glass of wine (or two!) with meals, and I can try lots of those 'froofy' drinks that I never would at home, and spoil myself with some good coffee and juice for room service breakfast....and then not have to worry about how much was this or that. If I am 'under', so be it! Or if I have a night with too many pina coladas to count, then I can enjoy, go dancing wit my hubby and be happy that I am not the designated driver for the night.

I am going into this not worrying about 'breaking even" -- I just want to enjoy vacation, not punish my body! -- and just enjoying this as another "perk."

I'm glad I found this post...I had started another thread about the drinks package (and I think clarea provided help on that one, too -- thanks!!!). I was worried about "breaking even" and my husband brought up a very good point... I want the drinks package so I can have a good glass of wine (or two!) with meals, and I can try lots of those 'froofy' drinks that I never would at home, and spoil myself with some good coffee and juice for room service breakfast....and then not have to worry about how much was this or that. If I am 'under', so be it! Or if I have a night with too many pina coladas to count, then I can enjoy, go dancing wit my hubby and be happy that I am not the designated driver for the night.

I am going into this not worrying about 'breaking even" -- I just want to enjoy vacation, not punish my body! -- and just enjoying this as another "perk."

This sounds like a perfect attitude! I have exactly the same thoughts. If I break even or even save money, it will not matter as much as enjoying cocktails with my lovely wife.

This sounds like a perfect attitude! I have exactly the same thoughts. If I break even or even save money, it will not matter as much as enjoying cocktails with my lovely wife.

Agree, great attitude. One thing though just to make sure you are aware, room service items are NOT included in any of the packages. Not a big thing to me but know it is to some. Just didn't want to be disappointed later.

My husband and I decided to wait until we cruised to make the decision on a drink package. We both enjoy a variety of drinks and didn't want to worry about a huge unexpected tab at the end of the week. In the end, we decided to just buy drinks and not get a package. I'm really glad that we did it that way-- we ended up spending about the cost of one drink package rather than getting two--the days we were in port we were at resorts that had drinks included--some days we just didn't feel like drinking--In retrospect it was much better for us doing it this way. But it will be different for everukbone

That's the best attitude! I think I getting the drinks package after reading your post. Need to kick the 'break even' obsession!

To add a note to the OP. You are also allowed to bring on 2 bottles of wine per state room. There is no longer a corkage fee, therefore you can bring it to dinner with you. They will cork it and save it for the following evening or you can take it back to your cabin for later.

If you bring on a case of water (against policy but often allowed) and the wine... there is no need for a package...

Or if I have a night with too many pina coladas to count, then I can enjoy, go dancing wit my hubby and be happy that I am not the designated driver for the night.

It's not the pina coladas that are the problem, it's the after dinner brandy alexanders. :eek: ;) :D