email from the upgrade fairy

tinsoldier

Hi

Just had an upgrade email from P&O for Med cruise at end of Sep. All well and good. We were in C202, nice and quiet with a large balcony (so I am told) and now we have been upgraded to R502. i an concerned however that this is right below the pool and we might suffer from the awful noise from moving deckchairs etc. Does anyone have experience of R502 or similar and can offer an opinion on whether C202 would be better and if its possible to decline the upgrade?

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Tinsoldier

Not sure what ship you are on but if it's Ventura or Azura but from what I've read on this forum C deck seems to be the best option for a balcony cabin, being larger and half sheltered half open.

I've stayed on R deck on Ventura and the balcony has an overhang from above which I found made it a bit dark and we didn't get much sun, I didn't notice much noise from above though.

If it were me, I would want to stick with C deck, I'm not sure if you can switch back after an upgrade so I would contact P&O as soon as possible.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Hi

Just had an upgrade email from P&O for Med cruise at end of Sep. All well and good. We were in C202, nice and quiet with a large balcony (so I am told) and now we have been upgraded to R502. i an concerned however that this is right below the pool and we might suffer from the awful noise from moving deckchairs etc. Does anyone have experience of R502 or similar and can offer an opinion on whether C202 would be better and if its possible to decline the upgrade?

Thanks

Brendan

I think you may find they have already allocated your old cabin to someone else,so they cannot move you back.

That is one of the hazards of saying you would accepted an upgrade. Pandos idea of an upgrade may not be the same as yours.

Hi

Thanks

Brendan

Personally I would prefer the c deck of you're on Azura or Ventura.....even though the balconies are overlooked from above they are lovely big balconies. We had c259 in June and loved it :-)

thanks for the responses everyone - really helpful.

Apologies for not stating which ship we are on, yes, it is Ventura. Based on your comments and searching this forum we have decided that our original cabin is most suited for us. So, I just got off the phone from P&O. The chap was at pains to explain that it was an upgrade and did we really want to decline an upgrade? well, yes please! Fortunately our original cabin was still available and we have now been moved back to C Deck - hooray!!

Thanks again for all your responses

Brendan

forgot to mention that we purposely left the option to take an upgrade if available as we had thought an upgrade would deb just that - to a better cabin. Clearly there is a lot of subjective interpretation on the definition of upgrade! Given that we will be on our honeymoon we had hoped for the best by saying we would have an upgrade...!! never mind, its all worked out ok!!

forgot to mention that we purposely left the option to take an upgrade if available as we had thought an upgrade would deb just that - to a better cabin. Clearly there is a lot of subjective interpretation on the definition of upgrade! Given that we will be on our honeymoon we had hoped for the best by saying we would have an upgrade...!! never mind, its all worked out ok!!

People forget there are several grades within each cabin.

Glad your sorted..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk