Fll To Miami

Jaxsonbrownie

Can any one tell me how far it is to travel from FLL to Miami? We are flying in a day early for our cruise and have about 5 hrs to kill before we can check into our hotel.A few in our group might want to take a taxi to Miami and tour around .Any idea how much a taxi might cost and how long of a ride it might be? Thanks...Jaxson:)

Depending on where you are staying, check with your hotel, but you can probley take a taxi over to Miami to your hotel, check in your luggage, even if they don't have a room available, most hotels will keep your luggage until you check in later. Then you can go explore in the area you are staying.

We checked in at 6:30 am, and to our surprise we were able to get our rooms right then. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott.

It is only 30-45 min ride to Miami from FLL, its not bad, we took the Tri County van and paid $20.00 per person. It is right outside the terminals of the Airport.

Have fun

Kathy

Dear Kathy,Thanks for your reply, I guess I should clarify a little more. We are booked at The Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. Our plane arrives at 9:30 am, so we figured we would leave our luggage at the hotel, and maybe take a taxi to Miami for a few hours , then go back later on to Ft. Lauderdale. So you say it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get there? Have any idea what a taxi would charge for 5 of us to get there and back? I appreciate your help:) Jaxson

Ok, now I get it. If I were you, I would rent a car for the afternoon. At 50/60 dollars it will be cheaper than a cab. A cab for two was going to cost us $65.00 from the Miami port to the FLL airport. But you can rent a car at Budget cheap for the day and its fun to go around the city. We rented a car on one of our trips. It is easy to find things and I love Miami.

Good Luck.

Kathy

Definitely RENT A CAR if you want to do that! A taxi down and back will not only be very uncomfortable, but cost $65-80 EACH WAY! There are some very good rates on rental cars (shop around), rent one at the airport for 24 hours, return it and go to your ship. It will be MUCH cheaper than taxis and give you a lot more freedom!

Definitely rent a car or SUV or minivan and keep it for 24 hours. You can see Miami and everything in between. Usa A1A and enjoy the views. Drive somewhere for dinner. Then you could even drop all your party off at the port, then drive back to the airport to return the car, and then ride a shuttle from the airport back to the port. Just check to see which rental companies have a port shuttle, Hertz, Alamo........

Archived