Onboard bookings question

Lovedisneycruise

I have booked several cruises while on board and am familiar with that General process.

However I was wondering whether or not you can apply an onboard booking discount towards a cruise you have ALREADY booked prior to being on that ship. Or does it have to be a newly booked cruise at that time? :confused:

( I am cruising this November, but didn't want to risk the price increase over the next three months and I'm wondering if I am able to book it now for 2016 and then apply the discount to that cruise once on the ship at the onboard booking desk. )

TIA!

Edited by Lovedisneycruise
to try to make better sense although not sure I have succeeded. :/

I have booked several cruises while on board and am familiar with that General process.

However I was wondering whether or not you can apply an onboard booking discount towards a cruise you have ALREADY booked prior to being on that ship. Or does it have to be a newly booked cruise at that time? :confused:

( I am cruising this November, but didn't want to risk the price increase over the next three months and I'm wondering if I am able to book it now for 2016 and then apply the discount to that cruise once on the ship at the onboard booking desk. )

TIA!

You can "reshop" a cruise you already have a booking on to determine if the perks will give you a better rate. However, the rate you will be discounting will be the cost of the cruise at the time of the onboard booking. If the rates have increased enough, they may have risen enough to negate any savings. If you can get a better deal with the current rates, then you can cancel the current booking and rebook with the onboard perks.

Thanks schmoo. I was afraid that was the case, and was hoping the discount would apply to the amount that I originally booked the cruise at rather than the price at the date of the onboard booking.

With the way that prices have increased lately, I don't expect them to stay stagnant for three months. So I'll have to calculate and Decide.

From what I understand, DCL stopped people from booking low rate Staterooms such as an inside on Deck 1 and getting the 10% discount for rebooking aboard, then rebooking that cruise to get a 4a verandah on deck 8 with the 10% discount still applied and making more money on the discount.

That or using that 10% discount, then cancelling the other future cruise.

I am NOT saying you are trying to do this, just why they may have stopped the ability to utilise the 10% discount afterwards on rebooking.

ex techie

From what I understand, DCL stopped people from booking low rate Staterooms such as an inside on Deck 1 and getting the 10% discount for rebooking aboard, then rebooking that cruise to get a 4a verandah on deck 8 with the 10% discount still applied and making more money on the discount.

That or using that 10% discount, then cancelling the other future cruise.

I am NOT saying you are trying to do this, just why they may have stopped the ability to utilise the 10% discount afterwards on rebooking.

ex techie

Thanks – wow! You are correct; I hadn't even thought of that. I just wanted to apply retroactively to my chosen room. I also didn't realize it was something that was available in the past and that Disney had discontinued.

Thanks again for the info. I guess whenever Disney feels they are being taken advantage of by enough people, they will take away the perk.