Any questions for Allure?

Hey Sussi - THANKS so much for offering to be our reconnaissance mission! :)

Could you find out what exactly is the status is, for JS entry into Coastal Kitchen? There is a lot of outdated and/or conflicting info on the boards and even on Royal's documentation about Coastal Kitchen, JS and Oasis class ships.

Specifically: will Junior Suites be allowed full access to Coastal Kitchen or is it just for dinner only? or not at all?

THANKS, HAVE A BRILLIANT TRIP!! :D

Hey Sussi - THANKS so much for offering to be our reconnaissance mission! :)

Could you find out what exactly is the status is, for JS entry into Coastal Kitchen? There is a lot of outdated and/or conflicting info on the boards and even on Royal's documentation about Coastal Kitchen, JS and Oasis class ships.

Specifically: will Junior Suites be allowed full access to Coastal Kitchen or is it just for dinner only? or not at all?

THANKS, HAVE A BRILLIANT TRIP!! :D

Yep, I'll try to find out. :) Now it's after my bedtime, and tomorrow I'll leave for Barcelona. I'll update here when I find out something.

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone, I'm back (booo :p) and this is what I managed to find out:

MTD experience - Not too long of a wait if you have no reservation, but people eat late in the Med, so if you go to MDR at about eight pm there will be lines.

Cruise director after TA - Bellyflopchamp - Sorry, couldn't find this one out. Tried to talk to the current CD between the Belly flop and sexiest man competitions, but so did about 10 other people, so I never got the chance.

Cost for eating in Sabor for Lunch - BillOh - We didn't go there for lunch, but when we asked one of the staff he claimed it was the same as for dinner, no special menu, no special prices.

What diameter and height are the balcony tables? – papcx - diameter: 69 cm, height:76 cm

Are there motorbikes for hire in Naples – Lexiloo62 - Couldning find any on the strech of street following the harbor, but there is a road leading to a square that might have rentals. Sorry, I couldn't find out more.

Cost for a carton of 200 cigarettes – neesy11 - Couldn't find cigarettes for sale in the shop, sorry.

Check what TV-channels they have – coolja10386 - Didn't seem to be anything with sports unfortunately. A few BBC-channels, and then some Spanish channels and some childrens channels, that was about it.

Find out what goes for Costal Kitchen if you’re in a JS – pettygirl –JS are not allowed during any time. You need to scan your card in the card reader to have access, and it will only accept gold cards.

Working on my review now, so if you want you can read more and see some pics there.

OK everyone, I'm back (booo :p) and this is what I managed to find out:

MTD experience - Not too long of a wait if you have no reservation, but people eat late in the Med, so if you go to MDR at about eight pm there will be lines.

Cruise director after TA - Bellyflopchamp - Sorry, couldn't find this one out. Tried to talk to the current CD between the Belly flop and sexiest man competitions, but so did about 10 other people, so I never got the chance.

Cost for eating in Sabor for Lunch - BillOh - We didn't go there for lunch, but when we asked one of the staff he claimed it was the same as for dinner, no special menu, no special prices.

What diameter and height are the balcony tables? – papcx - diameter: 69 cm, height:76 cm

Are there motorbikes for hire in Naples – Lexiloo62 - Couldning find any on the strech of street following the harbor, but there is a road leading to a square that might have rentals. Sorry, I couldn't find out more.

Cost for a carton of 200 cigarettes – neesy11 - Couldn't find cigarettes for sale in the shop, sorry.

Check what TV-channels they have – coolja10386 - Didn't seem to be anything with sports unfortunately. A few BBC-channels, and then some Spanish channels and some childrens channels, that was about it.

Find out what goes for Costal Kitchen if you’re in a JS – pettygirl –JS are not allowed during any time. You need to scan your card in the card reader to have access, and it will only accept gold cards.

Working on my review now, so if you want you can read more and see some pics there.

Thank you so much for trying. Think we are going to just get a private tour as it seems to difficult to sort out.. and I don't want to leave it till we get there.

If anyone would like to join us we are planning a tour that goes from Naples and travels to Sorrento-Amalfi Coast - Positano-Ravello with 'seeamalficoast' which comes very highly recommended... over 1400 excellents on Trip Advisor

compasses are posted in the link in my signature if you want to see them ;)

Thanks for the compasses. We are going on Allure 15 Oct and I'm trying to figure out what nights to do specialty restaurants. I noticed that dinner on Day 1 (Barcelona) and 3 (Marseilles) says "arugula". Was the menu really the same for both of these nights in the main dining room, :eek: or is it is a typo on the compass? Or is arugula a different menu on each of these? Any input is appreciated. :cool:

Thanks for the compasses. We are going on Allure 15 Oct and I'm trying to figure out what nights to do specialty restaurants. I noticed that dinner on Day 1 (Barcelona) and 3 (Marseilles) says "arugula". Was the menu really the same for both of these nights in the main dining room, :eek: or is it is a typo on the compass? Or is arugula a different menu on each of these? Any input is appreciated. :cool:

In the compasses I brought home Barcelona is Argula and Marseille is Mojo.

The order of dinner for the Barcelona trip is:

Argula

Saffron

Mojo

Pimiento

Shiitake

Jasmine

Pomodoro

Hi! I'm sailing on Sept 20 on the Allure. I have a question if you don't mind. I'd want to know if they are offering week long internet access on Mediterranean sailings?

From what I saw in the cruise planner, only the "per day" internet access is available. Thanks in advance! :)

Have a wonderful trip. Look forward to hearing your highlights, suggestions, what not to miss, etc. We will be sailing Allure on the 11 October sailing. So excited (our documents just issued yesterday). I think we have it all planned out, just need to figure out what to do in Barcelona.

If you happen to see any info regarding Cinque Terre (La Spezia) - would love to learn more about it - suggestions, best way to get there (train or ferry), etc.

Doug

I'm interested in how full Mamma Mia show is. We'll reserve when we go but am curious if we'd be able to get in by standby if we wanted to see it a second time.

Have an awesome trip! Hope you'll write a report or your comments.

Hi guys,

I'm already home from the trip, and have done a report that you can find here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251756

If I don't cover what you are asking in that report, please let me know and I'll se if I have any info saved from the trip. :)

Hi there! When you pre-purchased your tickets for the Colosseum was it from the official website, Coop Culture? They state if you buy tickets online you can only pick up the tickets there. I'm wanting to purchase tickets and print them off at home in advance. Any advice?

Hi there! When you pre-purchased your tickets for the Colosseum was it from the official website, Coop Culture? They state if you buy tickets online you can only pick up the tickets there. I'm wanting to purchase tickets and print them off at home in advance. Any advice?

It was from co-op culture and you do have the ability to print at home after you purchase.

It was from co-op culture and you do have the ability to print at home after you purchase.

Amazing just went to purchase and saved our tickets!! Thank you SO much for your review, it really helped. Definitely going to pre-purchase Capri ferry tickets just in case. Do you remember approximately what time the ferry was heading back to Naples? Trying to decide which time to pick.