Pride - Photo Package (details from 8/9 sailing)

Barbluvstocruz

Hi -

There has been some chatter about the new photo package they are using on the Pride. Here is the info from the 8/9 sailing. We did not purchase it. If you do, make sure you understand the rules about family members in multiple cabins, etc. At 10:30 last night I saw someone having a hard time getting their photos because of pictures of someone that I guess was sailing with them, but not a family member. I don't know all the details, just make sure you know what you are buying. The price for unlimited has gone up $100 since June.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by Barb & Jeff

My sister and I (both in same cabin) shared the $149 pkg. One of us had to pay for whole thing, and reimburse the other. They wouldn't allow each of us to charge $75.

We each chose 5 different 8x10's. Then when we got home, went to Wal Mart, and each of us printed the opposite 5. Turned out to be a great deal

So just to clarify, If we purchase this package and me/husband & mom/dad ALL in same cabin purchase this package = no matter who is in any photo taken it will fall into this program?

Yes. That's how I read it.

It says:

-Packages include photos of everyone in your cabin and children under 21 staying in a separate cabin.

-Photos of others in your group not staying in your stateroom are not included.

Enjoy! :)

My sister and I (both in same cabin) shared the $149 pkg. One of us had to pay for whole thing, and reimburse the other. They wouldn't allow each of us to charge $75.

We each chose 5 different 8x10's. Then when we got home, went to Wal Mart, and each of us printed the opposite 5. Turned out to be a great deal

This is true, Carnival can't copyright photos. The photographers move around to much. No way to track them down.

This is true, Carnival can't copyright photos. The photographers move around to much. No way to track them down.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but all you have to do to copyright a photo is take it and say it belongs to you. Carnival can easily do this if it wants to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but all you have to do to copyright a photo is take it and say it belongs to you. Carnival can easily do this if it wants to.

In fact, Carnival does claim copyright in the photos but provides a release for limited purposes.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/PhotoRelease.pdf

• 9 months later...

Could not read this image of rules. I am undecided as to whether to prepurchase the package before my trip next week or wait and see if they offer any specials on the ship. Your thoughts???

Could not read this image of rules. I am undecided as to whether to prepurchase the package before my trip next week or wait and see if they offer any specials on the ship. Your thoughts???

I would wait to see how things play out. I did not know you could prepurchase. Where did you see this? Maybe that would help me to know what other ships are offering it.

I would wait to see how things play out. I did not know you could prepurchase. Where did you see this? Maybe that would help me to know what other ships are offering it.

Sailing on 6/19, I called to purchase this in advance as it has usually been cheaper if you purchased the package ahead of time, however, this time I was told I had to wait until I got on the ship or I could purchase "cruise cash" and pay for it that way. And the price has gone up quite a bit since my last Carnival Cruise three years ago. :mad:

The last time I was on the Pride, we had no problem with the unlimited picture package. I purchase the package ( actually a gift for my mom in a different cabin), so package covers me and hubby. Then I link my then 17 year old daughter who is staying with my mom, and then I link my other son(17) and daughter (20) who are in a different cabin. So any picture that me, my hubby, Dd17, DD20 or DS17 was in, we were able to add to our package without a problem....even when my mom or friends they met were in the picture....as long as one of the people I had linked to my package was in picture it was no problem.

Now oldest DD is 23....she would not be able to be linked to my package if she were in another cabin. She would have to be booked with me as you can only link your children if they are 21 or younger. My mom loves pictures so since she cruises with us each year, I always buy the unlimited picture package for her as a Mother's Day gift.

Hoping it works the same on my upcoming Pride cruise on 6/19:)

Sailing on 6/19, I called to purchase this in advance as it has usually been cheaper if you purchased the package ahead of time, however, this time I was told I had to wait until I got on the ship or I could purchase "cruise cash" and pay for it that way. And the price has gone up quite a bit since my last Carnival Cruise three years ago. :mad:

The last time I was on the Pride, we had no problem with the unlimited picture package. I purchase the package ( actually a gift for my mom in a different cabin), so package covers me and hubby. Then I link my then 17 year old daughter who is staying with my mom, and then I link my other son(17) and daughter (20) who are in a different cabin. So any picture that me, my hubby, Dd17, DD20 or DS17 was in, we were able to add to our package without a problem....even when my mom or friends they met were in the picture....as long as one of the people I had linked to my package was in picture it was no problem.

Now oldest DD is 23....she would not be able to be linked to my package if she were in another cabin. She would have to be booked with me as you can only link your children if they are 21 or younger. My mom loves pictures so since she cruises with us each year, I always buy the unlimited picture package for her as a Mother's Day gift.

Hoping it works the same on my upcoming Pride cruise on 6/19:)

What is the cost for the unlimited package? Do you know if it is offered on other Carnival ships?

Thanks!