Is FTTF worth it?

Kerri7868

So say the husband and I got FTTF with our cabin not not for the kids. Would they check the kids' little cards (or whatever we are given) to make sure we ALL have FTTF before letting us all board together?

They can't get on early, but if you all get there early, you'll all get a low number to general boarding, but YOUR cabin will be available to drop everything off until the other cabin is ready. You'll have special luggage tags.

It's worth every penny if you plan on using a tender to get off the boat. No waiting for a sticker with a number to get off. Just walk on to the tender when you are ready to get off the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's worth every penny if you plan on using a tender to get off the boat. No waiting for a sticker with a number to get off. Just walk on to the tender when you are ready to get off the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. But we don't know what ship nor what itinerary.

so, the kids are in a separate cabin?

Not sure about sleeping arrangements yet, maybe since our oldest will be turning 15 (on the cruise!) and the cabins are next to each other.

Ship is the Conquest going to Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Not sure about sleeping arrangements yet, maybe since our oldest will be turning 15 (on the cruise!) and the cabins are next to each other.

Ship is the Conquest going to Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

It doesn't matter where they sleep, but which cabin they are booked.

Ahh yes, you're right. Agent put me with one kid and husband with the other two. I suppose I should get the kids switched to one.

He may have done that to give you a special rate. Do you know why? If the kids are next door, they are fine.

Edited by RuthlessBoss

Ahh yes, you're right. Agent put me with one kid and husband with the other two. I suppose I should get the kids switched to one.

I believe legally, an adult must be booked in a room with a minor. Once on the ship, you can sleep wherever you want. My 2 boys shared a room next to us on our last cruise but I was listed as being in their room

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Our recent cruise on Victory was just a 4 day and I got it at a very low price. The cost of FTTF would have been a fairly significant percentage of what we paid, We didn't get it and didn't need it. We arrived about 11:00 and checked in right away - no lines. We boarded the ship about 11:45. Went to the pool deck and found a table and waited with Carryons while DH got us drinks at the bar. A little later I went and got us a snack from the grille while DH waited and enjoyed his drink. The waiter came and brought us our next round of drinks. Our room was ready by 1:00, Since we only had carryons, luggage delivery was not an issue. We had no tender ports on the cruise. We had no need for guest services; I could track my S & S balance on the room TV and add money at the kiosk. Glad we did not spend the money.

I believe legally, an adult must be booked in a room with a minor. Once on the ship, you can sleep wherever you want. My 2 boys shared a room next to us on our last cruise but I was listed as being in their room

I did hear or read somewhere that kids under a certain age (I can't remember what age) have to be with in three rooms of the parents. I don't know if that is referring to booking or sleeping.