Question - Webcam on Voyager shows a street?

etoile

Hi RCCL fans, I hope you can help me!

My partner is sailing today on a mother/daughter cruise on Voyager. (Shucks, I wasn't invited!) I took a look at the Voyager webcam at Kroooz-cams.com and I was quite surprised by what I saw! There are brightly colored streamers hanging around, and it appears to be looking down a long hallway that looks like you are walking down a city street!

Can anybody tell me where on the ship this is? I have never heard of a replica city street on a cruise ship! I am hoping that if I stare at the cam long enough maybe I will see my partner... ;)

I am very impressed by the cam though - it is looking at a clock so I can see that it is indeed real-time!

Wow! It's very impressive. I can see some people showing up now! Are there other cams on board that might be turned off while it is in port today but will be on later?

And that ship is huge! Almost 4,000 people! Is that one of the larger ships sailing these days? Makes the ones I've sailed (each held about 1,900) seem tiny! :eek:

That is the Promenade that you are looking at. It is very impressive and in the center of the ship! There are shops, a bar and also where they have their parades. We loved walking through there... everyday there were different things on display. There were times that we forgot we were even on a ship!

So sad that you are not with your partner! After you see her pics when she gets back, you will want to take a cruise with her on one of the Voyager class ships! It is a lot of fun and relaxing!

Usually there is a bow cam also. Do you know if she is on the Voyager, Explorer, Navigator, Adventure or Mariner?

We love these class of ships. The reason RCCL can do this to the interior of the ship is because he beam is about 50 feet wider than most ships. They made the most of that space for sure! There are even rooms that have a huge window that overlooks the "street". They really are unique.

I hope the cruise is a good one. Have her post a review when she gets home :)

Bobbie

She's on Voyager itself - I just took a look at the deck plans and it looks pretty cool!

What is the funny thing that stretches over the Promenade? It looks like a bridge of some kind? Maybe with a colored window??

I have never watched cruise cams before but this is fun!

It is a bridge. The Captain usually makes his speech there. It is also used for some of the parades and entertainment on the promenade (I can never spell that right). Unfortunately it is just for show. It doesn't go anywhere and is not open to cruisers, just staff.

I love live web cams too. We got to wave hello to the kids when we were on Burbon Street in New Orleans once. I also tend to keep an eye on "Ghost cams". I have never seen anything, but it's fun.

Bobbie

Archived