Carnival Magic Wedding or Norwegian Getaway Wedding ?

Hi everyone !! I'm an experienced cruiser and have traveled with Carnival miners times so when it came time to look for a cruise wedding a naturally gravitated to Carnival. But having looked into NCL new ship the getaway am tempted to consider them but have no experience with NCL. I would really appreciate if there are any brides that had a Carnival Magic wedding and any of those who had a NCL wedding that could give me insights into their experiences to help me make a decision. Thank you !!!:)

Hi everyone !! I'm an experienced cruiser and have traveled with Carnival miners times so when it came time to look for a cruise wedding a naturally gravitated to Carnival. But having looked into NCL new ship the getaway am tempted to consider them but have no experience with NCL. I would really appreciate if there are any brides that had a Carnival Magic wedding and any of those who had a NCL wedding that could give me insights into their experiences to help me make a decision. Thank you !!!:)

I am getting married on the NCL Spirit in April. My fiancée and I met on that ship so it was a no-brainer that we get married on that ship.

However, NCL is VERY expensive compared to Carnival. From my research, Carnival includes the reception with the price of the wedding package. NCL changes separate for the ceremony and the reception.

You may want to price out the options between NCL and Carnival - that may help your decision.

I am getting married on the NCL Spirit in April. My fiancée and I met on that ship so it was a no-brainer that we get married on that ship.

However, NCL is VERY expensive compared to Carnival. From my research, Carnival includes the reception with the price of the wedding package. NCL changes separate for the ceremony and the reception.

You may want to price out the options between NCL and Carnival - that may help your decision.

Hi lmcgrail congrats and that is so cute that you guys can have such a beautiful memory of where you first met !!

You are right it is much pricer. The biggest pkg with reception that Carnival offers is the same price as NCL charges for the ceremony alone...its just that FOMO ( fear of missing out) on something with NCL in me that is giving me the worries but I did read a very extensive review of a carnival wedding and think I'm feeling much secure with my choice !

Hi lmcgrail congrats and that is so cute that you guys can have such a beautiful memory of where you first met !!

You are right it is much pricer. The biggest pkg with reception that Carnival offers is the same price as NCL charges for the ceremony alone...its just that FOMO ( fear of missing out) on something with NCL in me that is giving me the worries but I did read a very extensive review of a carnival wedding and think I'm feeling much secure with my choice !

Just saw that you read my review and I responded! I was going to say the same thing - I chose Carnival for 1. I had been to a Carnival wedding before and 2. Compared to the other cruise lines you get more bang for your buck!

Thanks! I did Carnival a long hard look because it was so much cheaper but I knew I would not be happy. I really wanted to be back on the NCL Spirit for our wedding. We are keeping the numbers down by only inviting close family and a few friends.

I don't think you will miss out on anything by being on Carnival. There are lots of Carnival reviews on here and they wound wonderful.

Edited by lmcgrail
added to comments

I sailed on Ncl Spirit and loved her. However, I've also sailed on Ncl Breakaway and hated the totally uncomfortable beds and super narrow hallways. I would think twice about sailing on the Getaway if she is modeled after the Breakaway. My fiance and I met on Carnival Freedom and selected Carnival Splendor for our wedding since we enjoy Carnival food and activities more overall and we felt the price was better. When it comes to weddings, it's the little things that add up so every cent you can save counts.

Be careful. As a NY resident marriages are not recognized unless in performed in US ,PR or USVI. Daughter learned the hard way when she went to change her license. And we had been assured by planners it would be valid