where is the pier in Rio de Janeiro

xpcdoojk

I have been looking online this morning for a map of Rio de Janeiro that shows where the pier is in relation to the beaches of Ipanema and the airports GIG and SDU. Anyone have a link to a good map showing the pier on the web.

I read that the pier is near the Centro area, but that doesn't help me very much.

Any help is much appreciated.:)

jc

Hi jc,

You must be down to counting weeks. :) It is not long to go for you now. I also would be interested in knowing where the port in Rio is located.

Jennie

Hi Jennie

Yep, I am getting pretty psyched!

I was reading a SA travel guide this weekend, and I get the impression that the pier is in the bay in front of the Centro District in Rio. I think the SDU (Santa Dumont airport is pretty close to it if anyone is flying to or from IGU (Iguasso Falls) before or after the cruise this might be a good airport to base those flights as it is closer than the GIG (Galeao international airport). The beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana and Sugarloaf are to the south and west.

http://www.rio.rj.gov.br/riotur/midia/img/mapa-rio_0_EN.jpg

If you look at this map the top right quadrant there is a Church, called Candelana Church, if you look immediately to the right, you will see a pier sticking out into the bay. I think that is the cruiseship pier.

jc

jc,

That was a good map. We are going to the falls as you know but will be back on the Saturday afternoon and our ship leaves on the Sunday. I believe we are leaving from the International airport for Iguazu and returning to that airport.

Jennie

The flights for Iguazu depart from the domestic airport which is very close to the downtown area.

When I was doing my research on flights to IGU. I found flights from both airports GIG and SDU. I agree that the Santa Dumont looks to be very close to the cruiseship pier, and would be a better choice for those trying to catch a flight after a cruise.

We are on the same plan as Jennie, in that we fly to Iguasso Falls before our cruise, and spend the night in Ipanema before we sail on Sunday.

jc

Archived