Carnival liberty southern carib

TRAVELCRUZIN

I agree there aren't many... They did just recently change ships, and since not too many people are actually cruise critic members, perhaps that is why?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221552

that is one really good review I've read recently... I go in about 3 weeks, so if you don't go til after then and have questions, let me know!!! :)

I sailed on her a few weeks ago (Aug. 2-9) and I'm working on a review. Trying hard not to be repetitive since I sailed the same itinerary on the Valor last Sept. 2014. Also sifting through almost 1,060 pictures and 15 videos from 4 cameras, one cellphone and one tablet. All this plus work.... I just hope I finish before the Fascination takes over the route...LOL.

We went in June and my husband made videos. Here is the one of the ship tour:

He also made one for every day of our cruise, including San Juan.

Also, if you want to see additional videos of the ports, look at his videos from July 2014 went we went on the Valor with the same itinerary.

Also, if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer!

Edited by Confuzzled

I posted my review of my Southern Caribbean trip but it was on the Victory a couple years ago. Feel free to read to get an idea of options of things to do but obviously the ship info wont be of any use.

Connie

PAST CRUISES:

Discovery Sun 2003 Freeport Bahamas Day Cruise

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

Carnival Miracle 07/30/13 Alaska http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...8#post39476968

Diamond Princess 12/23/13 New Zealand/Australia http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112413

Carnival Pride 11/23/14 Exotic Western Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135404

I agree there aren't many... They did just recently change ships, and since not too many people are actually cruise critic members, perhaps that is why?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221552

that is one really good review I've read recently... I go in about 3 weeks, so if you don't go til after then and have questions, let me know!!! :)

Have a great cruise! Look forward to hearing the details upon your return :)

Also just off the Liberty on 8/16. The cruise was really great but debarkation was the worst I have ever been through in San Juan and we had a #1 tag. We were stuck on the stairs for close to a half hour and then the line finally started to move slowly. The elevator we were in would not go to deck 0 so we were told to get off. Other people boarded it and it went to deck O. Apparently elevators were debarked but not the stairways. Customs was also delayed(over a half hour) and there are no bathrooms. Even when you go through you have to go outside the terminal and then reenter where embarkation is and go up the escalator. Too be honest I think something must have been going on because we debarked on the pier.

Also just off the Liberty on 8/16. The cruise was really great but debarkation was the worst I have ever been through in San Juan and we had a #1 tag. We were stuck on the stairs for close to a half hour and then the line finally started to move slowly. The elevator we were in would not go to deck 0 so we were told to get off. Other people boarded it and it went to deck O. Apparently elevators were debarked but not the stairways. Customs was also delayed(over a half hour) and there are no bathrooms. Even when you go through you have to go outside the terminal and then reenter where embarkation is and go up the escalator. Too be honest I think something must have been going on because we debarked on the pier.

Thanks Capt Bob. So what would you do differently? We cruise on Dec. 13th and am always looking for the best route/positioning to get off.

Did you do a self embark?

I did this itinerary on the liberty in April and am doing it again on Sunday...haven't found the time to do a review yet like I had hoped but I am willing to answer any particular questions you may have if I am able to.

I did this itinerary on the liberty in April and am doing it again on Sunday...haven't found the time to do a review yet like I had hoped but I am willing to answer any particular questions you may have if I am able to.

Where is the best place to be on the morning of self disembarkation? I want to be positioned when they open the door I will be in the right corridor,stairs etc to get off.

those of you who have traveled since the rule changes, were you able to carry on any alcohol? (Don't flame me, if you don't like my style move on!)

Are you still able to go to that convenience store before boarding and get liquor?

If you went off and came back on again, could you carry on more pop?

Thanks!!

those of you who have traveled since the rule changes, were you able to carry on any alcohol? (Don't flame me, if you don't like my style move on!)

Are you still able to go to that convenience store before boarding and get liquor?

If you went off and came back on again, could you carry on more pop?

Thanks!!

Just got off the Liberty on Sunday. Carried on two bottles of wine in one carry-on and soda in another carry-on. They put zip ties on both carry-ons when it when thru the scanner so that the ship staff could check the bags. I know many people just removed the zip tie before they got on the ship.

And yes you can go back out in San Juan to the CVS, or another store, and get more of either. We just got a 12 back of soda but when we came back they didn't even put the zip tie on the backpack it was one.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Where is the best place to be on the morning of self disembarkation? I want to be positioned when they open the door I will be in the right corridor,stairs etc to get off.

The atrium is where I would head

Where are all the Liberty Southern Caribbean review???:confused:

Thanks TRAVELCRUZIN for this great thread. I'm enjoying everyone's reviews, all of which I've read, but worth reading and viewing again and again to bide my time until January 17th when I too will be enjoying this great cruise! Enjoy your cruise!

We are going on part of the same cruise as you but will be boarding in Barbados 9Sept due to flight problems from UK to San Juan. Will be adding our thoughts about this cruise etc but this will probably be our last cruise with Carnival too much hassle with their UK site. Had enjoyed our previous cruises around the Caribbean with Carnival.

We'll be going on 9/20/15 and will definitely post a review. Hopefully there won't be any storms or port changes!

I can't wait!!!!

We never worry about debarkation...we stay a few days afterward in San Juan, so we try to be one of the last ones off the ship... :) Makes life much less stressful!