Alaska salmon bake - juneau question

tabster100

Cruising on HAL Westerdam next month, and looking at the Alaska salmon bake excursion in Juneau. The excursion say wheelchair not recommended due to terrain, does anyone know if a rolling walker would work. My 90 yr old mother can only walk short distances at a time and we are bringing the walker on the cruise also.

I'm going to have my TA check with HAL and see if that is doable, but thought i'd check if anyone has first hand info :)

thanks, Carol

Doing a quick google for images in the dining area... it appears to be loose rocks, making it hard for wheel devices. I haven't been there, can someone verify...

Can she walk a few steps without the walker, climb stairs to get on/off a bus? The bus drop off, is right at the salmon bake entrance. As noted, it is NOT a "paved" surface. IF she has some ability to lift the walker, I'd say, it could be done. I would assume, she would also have someone with her? Is she able walk a short distance, with just holding on to someone?

Either way- I would not book this until you are there. It is outside, and if you hit a cold spell, won't be pleasant with cooled down food. Twisted Fish near the tram is inside restaurant seating, as a possible alternative.

thank you everyone for your responses.

Budget Queen, I will be with her, and she can walk short distances. Pleased to hear the drop off is right by the entrance, that will work for her. I usually wait to see what the weather is doing and plan accordingly :) thanks much!!