Le Pavillon Hotel??

RaiderFaninNM

Found a awesome rate for this place, anyone stay here recently, thoughts?

We do not have a car rental, I understand it is a nice walk to Bourbon ST, do they have a shuttle, or how far is the public transportation.

Anyone have pictures to share?

Love to hear on this place.............THANKS!!!

Found a awesome rate for this place, anyone stay here recently, thoughts?

We do not have a car rental, I understand it is a nice walk to Bourbon ST, do they have a shuttle, or how far is the public transportation.

Anyone have pictures to share?

Love to hear on this place.............THANKS!!!

I've stayed there. 4.5 star hotel. Doorman wears a tux and top hat....I'm not sure about summer but definitely in fall and winter. It's one of the older style "boutique" hotels so the rooms and bathrooms aren't as modern as the Hyatt or Sheraton. Women tend to enjoy the boutique hotels more than I do. At 10:30pm each night they setup a peanut butter and jelly sandwich/hot chocolate buffet in the lobby. I believe one of the floors is said to be haunted. It's definitely a place I'd recommend staying at if you don't go to New Orleans often.

6 block walk to bourbon street. 2 blocks towards the river is the St. Charles streetcar stop. 3-4 blocks towards the superdome is the poydras street car station. That one will take you all the way down canal. I'm going to New Orleans this weekend but I haven't been since last football season....I've heard about some streetcar closures recently. I want to say St. Charles is one of them. If they are closed you should be able to catch a bus instead. Streetcar fare is $1.25. You can get a day pass for $3. There's also a three day pass. I don't remember how much that one costs.

I didn't take any pictures of the hotel when I was there but there are plenty of them on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d89091-Reviews-Le_Pavillon_Hotel-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html#photos

I've stayed there. 4.5 star hotel. Doorman wears a tux and top hat....I'm not sure about summer but definitely in fall and winter. It's one of the older style "boutique" hotels so the rooms and bathrooms aren't as modern as the Hyatt or Sheraton. Women tend to enjoy the boutique hotels more than I do. At 10:30pm each night they setup a peanut butter and jelly sandwich/hot chocolate buffet in the lobby. I believe one of the floors is said to be haunted. It's definitely a place I'd recommend staying at if you don't go to New Orleans often.

6 block walk to bourbon street. 2 blocks towards the river is the St. Charles streetcar stop. 3-4 blocks towards the superdome is the poydras street car station. That one will take you all the way down canal. I'm going to New Orleans this weekend but I haven't been since last football season....I've heard about some streetcar closures recently. I want to say St. Charles is one of them. If they are closed you should be able to catch a bus instead. Streetcar fare is $1.25. You can get a day pass for $3. There's also a three day pass. I don't remember how much that one costs.

I didn't take any pictures of the hotel when I was there but there are plenty of them on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d89091-Reviews-Le_Pavillon_Hotel-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html#photos

Awesome, thanks for the reply, I LIVED on TA reviewing hotel after hotel, to the point I forgot what I liked! My wife LOVED the Paris look, decor so I know this is a perfect fit for her and no we have never been to NOLA, so looking forward to this! My only hesitation was the walk to the FQ and or Bourbon St, I really do not want to get a rental car as I hate the parking fees hotels charge! Is the area a safe place to walk at night, are cabs easy to get? Anything else you can think of please let me know!

THANKS!

Awesome, thanks for the reply, I LIVED on TA reviewing hotel after hotel, to the point I forgot what I liked! My wife LOVED the Paris look, decor so I know this is a perfect fit for her and no we have never been to NOLA, so looking forward to this! My only hesitation was the walk to the FQ and or Bourbon St, I really do not want to get a rental car as I hate the parking fees hotels charge! Is the area a safe place to walk at night, are cabs easy to get? Anything else you can think of please let me know!

THANKS!

Don't rent a car. Parking is your biggest burden down there. Hotel parking is $35-45/night depending on the hotel. I park and don't get in my car until I leave. Walking is generally safe during the day. It gets tougher at night. I would take poydras to st. Charles to canal to bourbon to be safest. Cabs are all over. If you catch one at night back to the hotel walk up to canal street to catch one. It should be around $6 back to your hotel. I caught one on a side street off of bourbon once and they started the meter at $10.

• 4 weeks later...