Reaching two tiers in one cruise

Thanks everyone for the words of advice. We may try speaking to the LA and casually mention we are hitting both Emerald AND Diamond during the cruise, and see if we might wrangle an Emerald pin from them. I just would like to collect the shiny things, I am not fussed about the coupons etc. (I WILL be once we are officially Diamond, but I absolutely understand that status isn't awarded until your NEXT cruise, so we would get those benefits later.)

I think the real worrying thing is that our 24-night cruise will be the first time we cruise in a suite, and it will probably spoil me for life!! But c'est la vie... we have a lovely Oceanview Balcony on our next cruise (12-night TA) so can't let my head get too big just yet!

We can have an extra party on those days that you hit your new levels.

(like we need a reason to have a party)

If the LA does not want to give you the Emerald pins just ask the concierge, You should have no problem getting them.

I never really understood the Emerald level and why they put it in there. We were already D+ when they created Emerald.

My husband and I are travelling on the Transpacific cruise from Sydney to Australia next April. As we are staying in a suite, and it is a 24-night cruise, we will be accruing 48 cruise points in a single cruise. We will be right on the edge of Platinum (but not quite Emerald) after our next cruise (TA in October) so we will go from Platinum to Diamond at the end of the TP.

I'm just wondering -- will there be any recognition for us about the Emerald tier? I know we wouldn't get any Diamond benefits onboard (and honestly that's okay because having a suite is better than most of the benefits anyway!) but I'm just wondering if they do any sort of recognition for people who achieve two tiers in one go?

It doesn't really matter, but I am curious! The Emerald tier is more a sandwich tier anyway, not many benefits going, but as it's going to be a long time before we get to another tier I am interested in making the most of these tier advancements! Thanks all!

Sounds like you will be going around in a circle for 24 days. We are on the same cruise and had hoped to go from Sydney to Seattle . :):eek:

We can have an extra party on those days that you hit your new levels.

(like we need a reason to have a party)

If the LA does not want to give you the Emerald pins just ask the concierge, You should have no problem getting them.

I never really understood the Emerald level and why they put it in there. We were already D+ when they created Emerald.

Sounds like a plan!!!

Sounds like you will be going around in a circle for 24 days. We are on the same cruise and had hoped to go from Sydney to Seattle . :):eek:

Yes yes, I know I made a typo. It happens. But I wouldn't mind if we skipped Seattle and just headed straight back to Aus after Hawaii!!