Breakaway: Timing of Kennedy Space Center excursion

redbaron70

For our sailing on the Breakaway, we are not scheduled to arrive at Port Canaveral until 1:00. We are interested in the Kennedy Space Center excursion, but will the excursion end early if KSC closes early that day? Or does it stay open later for cruise passengers?

I would appreciate your advice and input! Thank you!

When I sailed on the Breakaway in March of 2014, I booked an excursion to SeaWorld, only to find a notice in my cabin that the excursions to all of the theme parks had been canceled, as the Breakaway would be arriving at Port Canaveral much later than what we had been told. We were offered a few excursions, and I booked one to the KSC. The people at the KSC told us that they were staying open late that evening just for us, and they had an extra IMAX movie showing that evening just for us.

So I would say that there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by vacation luvver

We went on our own, we rented a car from Payless cost us about $30 for the day, they picked us up right at the dock and then we drove and did the KSC on our own. We saved $100's and had more then enough time, we were back at the port in time to have a drink at a local watering hole.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, all! I'm still nervous about booking this excursion because of the timing, but I will keep my fingers crossed that it works out and we have enough time to fully enjoy KSC.

We did the KSC excursion a few years ago and it lasted about 6-7 hours and was one of the best excursions we've ever done. Honestly wished we could have stayed longer, it was so interesting. Note: if you book through NCL, the ship won't leave without you. :)

Tracy

We did the in-depth KSC tour give years ago thru NCL and it was AMAZING! The tour was given by a rocket scientist and you can feel their excitement because it gives them a chance to get away from their desk and SHARE! The driving part of the tour lasted around two hours and we had time to wander the museum before and after. Would do it again in a heart beat!

-pj

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thanks, all! I'm still nervous about booking this excursion because of the timing, but I will keep my fingers crossed that it works out and we have enough time to fully enjoy KSC.

We've been there several times and to really do it justice, you need a full day. That being said and since I believe NCL moved out the arrival in Port Canaveral from something like noon which was already bad enough, you can still see some great things at KSC.

We've actually done it for 3 hours before a DCL cruise but only did the things in the visitor center. The outer areas have tons of things to see. The visitor center has the Imax plus the newish shuttle experience.