Breakaway Entertainment

Helly99

My husband and I were on the Chirstmas week cruise last year and the year before. We are thinking about it again but are a little bummed that the muscial on board is still "Rock of Ages". We were under the impression it was being replaced with "Legally Blond". Why was it never changed? Anybody know if it will be by the fall/winter. Thanks all!

I am on that cruise this year and I am curious if it was hard to get show and specialty dinner reservations in advance? I plan on trying as soon as we get to 90 days but was wondering I need to be worried. I am traveling by myself so i am not making reservations for a large group.

Rock of Ages will be on this particular cruise at least 3 years. I think it is time to move on and put another show on this boat. That said, having that show on the cruise isn't going to stop me from taking the cruise. It's one night and I can find other ways to entertain myself.

queenschick9b don't bother planning out your shows and specialty dinners until you get on the ship. Show dates/times move around and mess up all the reservations. NCL only pre-books about 15% of the resturant reservations before the cruise so there is plenty of time to book. They even hold back reservations for the day of. Also, you are paying for the reservation now and not on the cruise (even if you have the package). Don't sweat it! Just enjoy yourself.

Helly99, Thanks for the response!

I've never taken a cruise at this time before and I just know they are very popular so I am just imagining large groups taking up the restaurants everywhere :) the good thing is I am flexible about eating late -- I don't mind a 9 p.m. reservation (I can always nap the next a.m. on the deck if I am out late).

I just finished paying in full and completing my docs. I am an over planner - it helps me look forward to the trip.

We walked out of Rock of Ages. Horrible!

I'm not surprised by this. If you're not into that type of music, it is horrible. I loved it, but my mother hated it.

I do like the BA, but the entertainment isn't for me or my mother. I'm used to "traditional" cruises where there are two shows a night and every night is a different type of show. There are so many times you can go see "Burn the Floor" and "Second City." But that's just me.

It would be nice but in the grand scheme of things what's it been? Only 2 years or so right? If you are bored of the entertainment you can always take a different ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have taken different ships!!

Was on Breakaway last week and saw Rock of Ages. It's the 1980's - so there's lots of cursing, vulgarity, loud R&R music, etc. We were very surprised to see small children in the audience. The show itself is awful (just not a great show) but the ship's production was good. The actors and dancers were terrific.

We were a little surprised that NCL would choose a show for a ship that seemed very family/children oriented.

• 2 weeks later...
Rock of Ages on the BA is fantastic! We have seen it 3 times.

I do wish NCL would add another show, a comedy act would be great.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which theme party is on the Breakaway. I have heard that is either an 80's party, or a Glow Party; or a white Hot Party. I cruise on November 8th 2015 and am trying to prepare. The website doesn't say. The customer service people can only tell me that there won't be any fireworks. Please calling all recent Breakaway cruisers...shed some light on this one for me. Thanks.

OP Legally Blonde is the Getaway, not the Breakaway. I would submit that Rock of Ages is probably twice as good depending on the talent...but I haven't seen the ship version yet.

Howl at the Moon is hit or miss - I spent hours at it on the Epic, and about 10 minutes on the Getaway. Looking forward to finding some good musicians on the BA in a couple weeks.

Saw Burn the Floor on Getaway and hated it, but others love it.