Taxes Barcelona ncl epic ubp

cruise9876kend

Sorry if the has been asked [emoji17]before

I understand that you will be charged port taxes while in port in Barcelona but once you leave port are the taxes still applied to drinks as I'm doing med in April to Italy France Spain

From my understanding it's only if you visit an non EU country charges get dropped?

Anyone been on the epic with ubp were you charge for every drink ?

Thanks Laura

I understand that you will be charged port taxes while in port in Barcelona but once you leave port are the taxes still applied to drinks as I'm doing med in April to Italy France Spain

From my understanding it's only if you visit an non EU country charges get dropped?

Thanks Laura

See this thread. There are dailies posted within the thread. If you look at the dailies- The last page is an informative discussion about the VAT on the Epic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2255229&highlight=epic

Thanks Laura

I was hoping to find out the same! We have the free UBP and I've ready online the 18% gratuities is included but you have to pay 10% VAT on drinks if you sail from Barcelona or Rome.

If anyone has recently sailed and has info it would be good :)

Hi,

Did you get the UBP as a Promotion when you booked or did you pay extra for it please?

That wouldn't make a difference. The UBP on every ship works exactly the same once you're on board, regardless of whether the person purchased it or received it as any kind of promo. They all always work the same on the ship.

That wouldn't make a difference. The UBP on every ship works exactly the same once you're on board, regardless of whether the person purchased it or received it as any kind of promo. They all always work the same on the ship.

Ok thanks, sorry wasn't sure as I haven't sailed with NCL before.

I thought that maybe if you paid for it they would charge you the 18% & 10% on the UBP Price. But if you got it free they would charge you the 10% on each drink you ordered? Guess I just confused myself :confused: :)