What was your favorite tour?

MQU

I went on three tours through Princess... Montiego bay- jungle river tubing, Grand Cayman- island highlights and stingray snorkle, and Cozumel- 4x4 jeep safari. All were wonderful, I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite. Let me know if you would like info on one of these.

How was the river tubing in Montego Bay? Husband was concerned it might be slow. It looks like alot of fun to me. We also did the jeep tour in Cozumel. Loved it, I think this was our favorite.

My favorites are Captain Marvin's snorkeling and stingray city in Grand Cayman and the Reggie's cave tubing tour in Belize. They are both great tours.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

on Caribbean Princess June 5, 2004

Larry

1.Snorkleing with the Stingrays in Grand Cayman(Captain Marvins)

2. Randi's happy horses in Mazatlan

3. Snorkleing in Trunk Bay...St.John

4. Whitewater rafting in Alaska

Scandinavian Sun

Emerald Seas

Island Princess

Seaward

Norway

Westward

Sensation

Facsination

Majesty of the Seas

Dawn Princess

Inspiration

Norwegian Dream

Norwegian Sun

Grandeur of the Seas (June 2002)

Carnival Paradise (Sept 2002)

Grand Princess (June 2003)

Disney Magic (Sept 2003)

Diamond Princess (June 2004)

Here we come for our honeymoon on the Diamond Princess

June 12,2004

jkeep, I'm also interested in how you liked the Jungle River Tubing. We're also booked for that on the May 8th sailing. I haven't been able to find many people who are booked for this excursion. Details, please?

I'll throw another vote in for Captain Marvin's Singray excursion. It was the best excursion we've been on AND was the best value! icon_biggrin.gif

wine_e0.gif

98 Destiny

01 Century

02 Star Princess

03 Golden Princess

03 Canival Pride

Golden Anniversary Cruise 9/19/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We took a lovely three hour tour once from a tropic port. Very beautiful. The Skipper was a hefty fellow but very funny and lighthearted. A brave man to say the least. The first mate was quite goofy. He kept getting wrapped up in the ropes. He was very funny. We had a professor, a nice older couple, a random movie star, and some other girl join us on the tour. Very friendly people. Unfortunately we ran into a very nasty storm. If it were not for the fearless crew we surely would've been lost.

Jason Pancake

Grand Princess - 03/11/2001 (<A HREF=http://www.houseofpancake.com/pictures.php?id=14>Pictures</A>)

Caribbean Princess 11/20/2004

I think the best was the stingray city also. I don't know if it was because once we all got off the catamaran and were feeding the stingrays, I looked around at everyone out there (including myself) and MOST people were standing there with there hands raised in the air or if it was just the coolest experience.

Milissa D.

Hello!

Here goes:

we started with a tour bus ride which I enjoyed because you went through town and up into the mountains. it was much prettier and somewhat less junky the farther we went. You also got to see a variety of living conditions, and people going about their average day. Of course, the driver offered info along the way as well. I think it was about 20-30 minutes. We drove through an orange orchard to get to the spot where you leave. They have a few buildings there, some kinda scary bathrooms, drinks to purchase, and computer equipment set up. They sell digital photos at the end. You put on a life jacket, then they load people one at a time onto their tube. They are pretty deluxe tubes compared to a normal black inner tube. They are large, and have ropes around the outside, and drink/stuff holder spots in them. Then they tie off in gorups of about 8-12 people. Each group has a "guide" with them that faces you and is stationed on a float in the front of the line. The tubes are tied two across, so you make a long line. My husband and I were right in ront and really enjoyed talking with our 19 year old guide ( didn't look 19 thats for sure). We asked him lots of general and personal questions, and we joked around a lot. They water level is as low as it gets on the river ( he said ). SO it is pretty slow going. There were deeper areas also. Our guide spent quite a bit of arm muscle pulling us across the rocks. He had two paddles that he would dig into the ground with and push back on when we got stuck. (he could have just stood up and pulled us) but that made it kind of fun. The scenery is beautiful. There are lots of huge bamboo that grow along the bank and sometimes over the river. I would say it was shaded on and off about half the time. My tube actually popped notlong into the trip and so I ended up sharing with my husband, and we also swam and walked a long part of the trip. I really enjoyed this part, too. You can get out any time you want. Most people stayed in their tubes the whole time, and I thought, "how boring". There is a rope swing about 2/3 down the river. That was fun, the people who wanted to did it multiple times. I only did it once because it was hard to hold myself up while they pulled you back and you swing out over the river- my hands hurt. It is a two mile ride, and it took more than three hours I think (though I didn't have a watch). When you get off they load you onto one of those big 4x4 trucks with benches in the back. Then you get a really bumpy fun four-wheel drive ride back to the starting point. (not so fun for the couple of women who had to go the bathroom, though). Then you went back the way you came on the tour bus. So, my party enjoyed ourselves, but everyone has a different opinion.

gkeep, that was well worth waiting for. I feel a lot better now that I know more about it. It does sound like a lot of fun and certainly different from anything we've done. We've always done beach or snorkeling days before. Thanks so much!

Hi again. I just thought of a couple of questions. How much money would you suggest we take along for this excursion if we want to buy the picture and a drink or are drinks included in the price? Do we need water shoes? Am I right in thinking we won't get too much sun since there is some shade along the way? Thanks.

For the jungle river tubing... you don't need much money. They give you a bottled water when you start, and they have sodas for sale- they were one or two dollars each. They also had some pink rum punch stuff for free when you start.

<LI>I can't remember the exact cost of the photos, but something like $8.00 for one, 3 for $20, but you could buy the whole set of photos from your trip on a disk for $25. If you wanted more than one, this would be the way to go.

<LI>You go in and out of the sun, we still put on lots of sunblock though because of how you are laying in the tube. Your legs, chest, and face get more sun. None of us got burned. I brought a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses and used them frequently on the trip.<LI>There are also two trips, morning and afternoon, we had afternoon.

<LI>You would want to wear water shoes or sandals, especially if you want to get out and walk in the rocky areas. <LI>Another thing I forgot to mention- if you are interested book early. This was one of the few trips that was waitlisted when I wanted to sign up on the internet three weeks before the cruise. I put us on the waitlist for both morning and afternoon. When I got onboard I checked with them to see where we were on the list, we were second on both. We had a party of 4, so I wasn't too optimistic. The afternoon before the port someone turned in 5 tickets (one person was ahead of us). We were lucky. There were alot of other people on the lists, though.

The canopy tour is what I really wanted to do, but I my husband is over the 220 weight limit, and I didn't want to go alone. The starting point isn't far from the tubing start point I think. You can see some of the lines going across the river ( the guide pointed them out), but we never saw any people on them. Looked like so much fun!

gkeep, thanks for all the info. We signed up about 2 weeks ago on the Princess website and are confirmed for the afternoon. Thanks for taking all the guesswork out of it for us. We like to know what we're getting into. It does sound like fun. Now I won't worry about whether we made the right decision. You're very sweet to answer all my questions.

gkeep, I see you're from Oregon. We met some wonderful people from Oregon on these boards and then met them in person on the Dawn Princess a few years ago and still correspond. Are you all that nice out that way? LOL Once again, thank you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by westcoastvecs:

chankanaab park in cozumel-the royal swim with the dolphins is awesome-the snorkeling is INCREDIBLE-it is a beautiful park.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was the dophin swim worth the $$ I will have a party of 4.!

we booked online-not through the ship-it was $119-that includes admission to the park which is otherwise $10, and the sea lion show ($5)-there were only 8 people in our group-very personized-the royal swim includes holding on to 2 dolphins fins and having them pull you thru the water plus one coming up under/behind you and pushing you off on their nose-wow i didn't explain that real well! ;-) it was very cool-our kids ages 14 and 16 loved it. we thought it was well worth it especially as a once in a lifetime experience.

Archived