Guarantee??????

beezercatz

We booked a guarantee on the 9 day VOS out of Bayonne on Oct. 21. When I started to fill out our SetSail Pass, I noticed that they had assigned us a room already. I thought that if you had a guarantee, that at the very last, before sailing, you were given a room number. Could they still move us, again, or assign us a different room even after having assigned us a number?

Thanks

We booked a guarantee on the 9 day VOS out of Bayonne on Oct. 21. When I started to fill out our SetSail Pass, I noticed that they had assigned us a room already. I thought that if you had a guarantee, that at the very last, before sailing, you were given a room number. Could they still move us, again, or assign us a different room even after having assigned us a number?

Thanks

Let me say right up front that we don't book guarantees (esp on RCI) because we don't like surprises. We like to book exactly what we want and then watch prices or maybe pay for an upgrade at the pier. (Thus far the stingy RCI upgrade fairy has never blessed us. Whine.)

However, I do know that even after they've assigned your cabin, they can still switch it, right up to sailing. That said, once you are assigned your cabin, it usually doesn't change. Once in a great while, RCI will need the cabin/category that you've been assigned and upgrade your category (often within type, oceanview to better oceanview, etc.)

With your close sail date, it's even less likely that RCI will change your assignment. (But you never know.)

Hope you got a good cabin.

beachchick

As beachchick says, for the most part, once RCI has assigned you a room when booking "guarantee", that's pretty much your room. In recent years, I've booked "guarantee" from time to time when the price difference for the same category was a large difference and was fortunate to be assigned a room in a location I liked. I've always booked the "guarantee" for the category of cabin I wanted so at least I wasn't dissapointed in the type of cabin I wanted, just possibly the location.

Dave

We were assigned room 6667, category L. We got such a good price on this cruise so I can't complain, at all. Neither my sis or I get seasick and we pretty much can sleep through anything....Both times, however, when we had guarantees with Princess, we were pleasantly surprised. No problem, though, we are "tickled pink" to be going. I've heard lots of good things about RCL and I think I'm fairly easy to please. (I guess I'm not used to being waited on). Thanks for all of your comments

Archived