Bahia Mar Resort?

mandms40

Has anyone been there lately? Read somewhere they were suppose to get a new manager and clean things up. We are staying there pre and post cruise in Dec. Am really anxious about this hotel, please let me know your comments. Thanks in advance. By the way, this is in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

We are about to book a one-night stay here for our party of 14. Friends like the location.

All my reading online shows that there is a big difference between the "Marina" rooms and the "Tower" rooms. However, friends want the best deal. If we do the Marina rooms, will we be sorry? It's only for one night, after all, and we aren't planning to be in the rooms much as it is.

Please give your opinions so I can book the rooms. Thanks! :)

We did not stay in the tower rooms, we stayed on the opposite side of the tower rooms, a 3 or 4 story part of the hotel. Like I said, its an older hotel, but we found it clean and perfectly fine for a pre- or post cruise stay. I don't think it would make a difference either place you stay, especially where you say you aren't planning on spending alot of time there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Doone. Sounds like you were in the Marina building which sounds fine to me. I'll go ahead and book them in. Can get a decent rate for a January stay. Doesn't sound as if Priceline is doing much in Fort Lauderdale these days and these folks like to know where they are staying. Thanks again

Your welcome. I did receive the room here through priceline for $100 for last March. This year in Ft. Lauderdale will be more difficult I believe. I am trying priceline for February and so far, no luck. I will keep trying, but will have a cancellable reservation somewhere else just in case.

Just to let you know if you are not aware, this hotel has no shuttle services, but the bell hop at the hotel were very helpful in getting the 5 of us a van at a reasonable rate.

If you are looking for a place to just sleep, I am going to make a cancellable reservation at the Amerisuites through http://www.valuetrips.com as soon as the 2006 rates come out. This, again, is a no frills type of hotel, but does have a shuttle, to the pier I believe, and a free breakfast buffet and its in a great location. I haven't stayed here as of yet, so I don't know much about it. Hey, its one night and through that web site the price is right. You may want to check that out as another option for you and your party.

We've been going back and forth about where to stay and they mostly all wanted to be out by the ocean rather than downtown. We fly a redeye into Miami and will be on the beach sleeping it off by 10 a.m.! Figure if nothing else Bahia would at least hang onto our luggage til the rooms are ready. We also have a reservation at the Embassy at a higher rate of course. Know that it includes the happy hour and breakfast, but still doing okay with the rate at the Bahia Mar and the location sounds very good. Water taxi is convenient and we knew that we'd have to transport ourselves to the Port.

Priceline is sounding tough for Fort Lauderdale in January. Got the Bahia's website rate of $154 for 4 in a Courtyard room which isn't too bad for something you choose. The rate at Embassy is $228 for 4. I love Priceline and use it all the time, but this particular trip are traveling with some who don't travel much and I'd sure like them to know ahead of time what they are getting. This should work fine for one night. We're not going for the stay at Fort Lauderdale - we're headed to the Eastern Carib! Yay!

Chipster, I agree with you about priceline, time will tell, I hope I do get something, but if not, so be it, its only one night.

I think you will be pleased with this hotel, we were and its right on the water taxi, which we utilized and enjoyed.

Have fun on your cruise, we're headed for 10-days to the southern caribbean in Feb.

Hi Doone and Chipster,

I booked our pre and post cruise thru Priceline, wanted the beach for our 11yr. old DD. Got it precruise at $80. and post cruise at $92. not too bad of price for beach area.

If I was you, I would keep trying for priceline.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived