Totem Bight Bus Stop Help

CruisingGiants

I can't seem to figure this out, as the bus lines changed and I'm not sure how accurate the old threads are...

I believe we need to take the Silver Line Southbound bus to get to Totem Bight, based on this schedule... http://borough.ketchikan.ak.us/DocumentCenter/View/3532

My question is -- where do we catch the bus? I don't see it stopping at the docks, but everywhere I read says it's "right across from the dock." Can anyone tell me which bus stop to look for? Thanks!

We did this in July. Yes it is the Silver Line bus. If you cross the street from the docks and visitor center go one block to your left and there is a bus stop there in front of some shops about halfway down the block (past the street with the "Welcome to Ketchikan" sign. You can see the tunnel from the stop. It was a very inexpensive choice but prepared for a long ride. It took about 1 hour each direction. On the bright side...you will see parts of Ketchikan that no one else sees!!;)

If we had it to do again I would explore other options. This long ride drastically cut into the time we had at the port.

I can't seem to figure this out, as the bus lines changed and I'm not sure how accurate the old threads are...

I believe we need to take the Silver Line Southbound bus to get to Totem Bight, based on this schedule... http://borough.ketchikan.ak.us/DocumentCenter/View/3532

My question is -- where do we catch the bus? I don't see it stopping at the docks, but everywhere I read says it's "right across from the dock." Can anyone tell me which bus stop to look for? Thanks!

Totem Bight is NORTH of Ketchikan. The bus stop is between dock 2 and 3. Which you should be able to reference where you are. It is ACROSS the Street. The stop is up from the corner of Front and Dock St. There is a sign there. Also, you are likely to see other people. Take a look at a map- in advance. Not hard to find. If you don't have an early morning arrival, you can expect long lines and full buses. But runs once an hour 26 after the hour.

We did this in July. Yes it is the Silver Line bus. If you cross the street from the docks and visitor center go one block to your left and there is a bus stop there in front of some shops about halfway down the block (past the street with the "Welcome to Ketchikan" sign. You can see the tunnel from the stop. It was a very inexpensive choice but prepared for a long ride. It took about 1 hour each direction. On the bright side...you will see parts of Ketchikan that no one else sees!!;)

If we had it to do again I would explore other options. This long ride drastically cut into the time we had at the port.

Some inaccurate information.

The "Welcome to Ketchikan" sign is not where you get the bus, which is Mission St. It is another block toward the tunnel- north. The bus is NOT an hour one way, arrival time at Totem Bight is 50 after the hour. it is about an hour round trip. The only dock you see the Visitor Center and Mission street sign is from dock 1 and 2. You would not be looking for this reference if you are at dock 3 or 4.

Totem Bight is NORTH of Ketchikan. The bus stop is between dock 2 and 3. Which you should be able to reference where you are. It is ACROSS the Street. The stop is up from the corner of Front and Dock St. There is a sign there. Also, you are likely to see other people. Take a look at a map- in advance. Not hard to find. If you don't have an early morning arrival, you can expect long lines and full buses. But runs once an hour 26 after the hour.

Thank you! That definitely helps me for location as well as time to be there. Much appreciated!

Where do we get tickets for this bus? Is it exact change only? Not sure where we dock (Solstice) and we'll be there on Sunday so will everything be open?

Thank you BQ for your info, I was worried when I read an hour each way but round trip is much more doable!

exact change on the bus. Under 65 is $1 each way.

You are at dock 3. come up the ramp, off the ship. with your back to the water, go right. pass the tunnel, the other side, you will up hill. Cross the street, walk down 1 block - look for the bus sign. You want the Silver bus.