Airport adventure xsm

Has anyone done this? It doesn't have a minimum age and I'm planning to take a toddler. Is the boat pretty roomy? Are the waters pretty nice for swimming? Good view of planes ?

Bump! Would love some feedback on this one yall! Had anyone done it? Can someone tell

Me if you take a shuttle to the boat or walk?

I would appreciate feedback on this as well. I see that it is a RCI excursion on our December cruise, can you also took independently? Is it worthwhile? We have been to St. Maarten although not recently and have never done the airport thing. One thing I didn't like was that RCI shows the excursion time at 10am, excursion should end around 1:30, we are in port from 8 to 6 and not sure if that will cut up the day too much

I would appreciate feedback on this as well. I see that it is a RCI excursion on our December cruise, can you also took independently? Is it worthwhile? We have been to St. Maarten although not recently and have never done the airport thing. One thing I didn't like was that RCI shows the excursion time at 10am, excursion should end around 1:30, we are in port from 8 to 6 and not sure if that will cut up the day too much

To me it would definitely not be worth it. I like planning my Maho time around the planes I want to see. I love Maho but never have stayed there for a day. Even for a first timer 2 hrs would be enough. It's roughly $20 via taxi pp so you would still have transportation money to go to another beach or to Marigot for the same or less money than the boat trip. It's certainly another option but it wouldn't be what I would choose.

I would definitely find out if they take you to shore. I saw a boat out by the point on the Sunset Bar and Grill end of the beach. It had a floating dock. I saw people swimming by the boat but did not see anyone being brought to the beach by dinghy. The planes do not fly over head where this boat was so if that's the boat that is the excursion boat I think knowing the answer to that question would be very important if you want a real Maho experience.

I would definitely find out if they take you to shore. I saw a boat out by the point on the Sunset Bar and Grill end of the beach. It had a floating dock. I saw people swimming by the boat but did not see anyone being brought to the beach by dinghy. The planes do not fly over head where this boat was so if that's the boat that is the excursion boat I think knowing the answer to that question would be very important if you want a real Maho experience.

No you can not go to shore... The planes are off to side...I agree if that's the experience you want this might be a disappointment..but we are OK with that.

Sent from my XT1058 using Forums mobile app

No you can not go to shore... The planes are off to side...I agree if that's the experience you want this might be a disappointment..but we are OK with that.

Sent from my XT1058 using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure I understand the excursion then. If it's not the experience of the planes going over you while on the beach or at the shore then what is it? Is it the boat trip? It wouldn't be a very long one and it's not really a snorkelling spot..

A ferry going back and forth from the pier or town to Maho BEACH I get but this one not so much.

Edited by Karysa

This must be the new excursion I mentioned here some time ago.

gary

Do you have any idea why they just anchor out near the point Gary? That's the part I don't get. It sounded intriguing but seeing it out there and hearing that passengers are not brought to shore just defeats the purpose of going to Maho to me at least. I wonder if you would be permitted to swim to shore? Couldn't bring your camera which would be a bummer but at least you would get the Maho experience.

Edited by Karysa

Do you have any idea why they just anchor out near the point Gary? That's the part I don't get. It sounded intriguing but seeing it out there and hearing that passengers are not brought to shore just defeats the purpose of going to Maho to me at least. I wonder if you would be permitted to swim to shore? Couldn't bring your camera which would be a bummer but at least you would get the Maho experience.

It sounds like the same. Basically you take a boat out and hang out on the boat and swim and watch the planes come in. It looks too far to swim to the beach. You basically enjoy a nice view without the thrill of being under the planes. I can't decide if we wanna do it. I wanted to bring my toddler on the boat . My guess is that it's way too loud to take a toddler to maho

You can look on tripadvisor for airport adventure sxm and they have a Facebook page with the same name

You can look on tripadvisor for airport adventure sxm and they have a Facebook page with the same name

I'm not sure the answers would be there. Gary knows a lot about what's going on in St Maarten and I was asking him if he had heard why this excursion does not or can not ferry people to the beach at Maho.

It sounds like the same. Basically you take a boat out and hang out on the boat and swim and watch the planes come in. It looks too far to swim to the beach. You basically enjoy a nice view without the thrill of being under the planes. I can't decide if we wanna do it. I wanted to bring my toddler on the boat . My guess is that it's way too loud to take a toddler to maho

Personally I would take over the ear headphones for a toddler if I was to take them directly under the planes for landing. I would not take them anywhere near the immediate take off area because of blown debris. At times there really is no beach to speak of so having a toddler at Maho then would be dangerous and no fun so I can see the appeal of the boat ride especially then.

This must be the new excursion I mentioned here some time ago.

gary

yes that's the one... We are traveling with small kids, I would love the experience on the beach, but not with them. We settled on this b/c we do want to see this (even though it's off to the side) it will be a nice boat ride, and the older kids can try and snorkel (even though I guess it's not a great spot) they will all just have fun floating around in the water if nothing else. We hope to enjoy it, we may be disappointed. I think people would be very disappointed if they don't know exactly what it is... I'll report back in 2 weeks .

The people on it last week looked like they were having fun. We could see them swimming around. And there was absolutely no beach as you can see from the picture below just huge rocks. So it wouldn't be fun with small kids. We ended up going by the Royal Islander Club. There a small sandy area over there.

11986609_10207058749004464_5333269425005453870_n.jpg?oh=df2d09295876c56bb5f00fb2a00422bc&oe=5678FA3D

yes that's the one... We are traveling with small kids, I would love the experience on the beach, but not with them. We settled on this b/c we do want to see this (even though it's off to the side) it will be a nice boat ride, and the older kids can try and snorkel (even though I guess it's not a great spot) they will all just have fun floating around in the water if nothing else. We hope to enjoy it, we may be disappointed. I think people would be very disappointed if they don't know exactly what it is... I'll report back in 2 weeks .

Totally agree with you. Enjoy:)

The people on it last week looked like they were having fun. We could see them swimming around. And there was absolutely no beach as you can see from the picture below just huge rocks. So it wouldn't be fun with small kids. We ended up going by the Royal Islander Club. There a small sandy area over there.

11986609_10207058749004464_5333269425005453870_n.jpg?oh=df2d09295876c56bb5f00fb2a00422bc&oe=5678FA3D

This seems to happen often at Maho especially in Sept and Oct. It just is pretty much a place to watch the planes at those times.

This seems to happen often at Maho especially in Sept and Oct. It just is pretty much a place to watch the planes at those times.

:eek::eek::eek: We normally don't cruise in Oct, but we'll be there next month, I guess we'll have to change our plans now. We'll be back in Nov. so hopefully, the beach will return.

I'm not sure the answers would be there. Gary knows a lot about what's going on in St Maarten and I was asking him if he had heard why this excursion does not or can not ferry people to the beach at Maho.

I suspect that it is two things.

The boat they use appears to need a fixed, structured dock to tie up to for offloading passengers, and such does not (currently) exist at Maho.

Secondly, I think they just don't want to lose track of their passengers while they are in the water. If people swam ashore/were shuttled ashore for a few drinks, how do they round them up when it is time to head back to port?

BTW, there are MAJOR changes coming to the Maho Sunset Bar and Grill complex.

gary