Elation Questions

CheckersMidwest

We're considering sailing on the Elation out of New Orleans in late January. We've sailed on the Paradise so realize it's one of the smaller Fantasy Class ships.

Does the Elation have the new American Table menu or the old one ?

What is Cozumel & Progresso like in January? I know obviously it's different than Northern Missouri in January - but will I need a jacket the whole time ? That would just irritate me on vacation.

We're considering sailing on the Elation out of New Orleans in late January. We've sailed on the Paradise so realize it's one of the smaller Fantasy Class ships.

Does the Elation have the new American Table menu or the old one ?

What is Cozumel & Progresso like in January? I know obviously it's different than Northern Missouri in January - but will I need a jacket the whole time ? That would just irritate me on vacation.

I've sailed the Elation twice in the past year. As far as I know, Elation still has the old MDR menu. As of last April, it even had the old pizza menu.

Cozumel and Progresso have beach weather all year, with average highs of at least 80 degrees. You will probably only need your jacket at the very start and end of the cruise, although we were lucky and hit New Orleans during a winter warm spell with highs in the 70s.

As of December it had the old menus. We did the 4 day but the Weather in Cozumel was cool, around 80-85 during the hottest part of the day.

Bring a hoodie or something, we like sitting outside while sailing down the river, and we got pretty chilled out there. I did not expect that, so we didn't bring any warm weather clothes. We got colder on the nights in the river than we did in Alaska on the Legend in May.

I did a January cruise on the Elation out of New Orleans a couple of years ago. Needed a light jacket outside at night. We did a beach excursion in Cozumel, the weather was great, probably high 70's/80's. I do remember the ocean was too chilly for me so I just soaked up the sun on shore, but other people were definitely getting in and swimming around. Enjoy!

We were on the Magic the first week of February traveling to cozumel and progreso and the temps were in the upper 80's low times the whole trip! We did however where wind breakers the first evening and first sea day morning as there was a light nip in the air. It was fun to be in the beautiful tropics and then wake up the last morning to boots jeans and long sleeve shirt to disembark lol. However you will LOVE the Elation and cozumel and progreso in January beautiful weather. If you get the chance the dolphin swim and lunch in cozumel with unlimited buffet and drinks is well worth the money!

Its hit or miss

I have been on cruise outta NOLA in January and couldn't even be on the Lido deck. And I wore a leather jacket to board the ship.

Cozumel is nice but not warm enough to get in the water. This time of year is their winter season as well. If it is not raining, it is perfect for sightseeing like seeing the ruins while in Progresso.

Any day on a cruise is wonderful, it is your perspective!

I read that the new American Table will be on all ships at the end of December 2015, so this was a change we were looking forward to trying.

We have been in Cozumel in 2010 in January, and we were fine, we were there in January 2013 and it was a bit too cool for us to swim, but Progreso was perfect to wander around Uxmal.

That said, we got back into NOLA, and they had had an ice storm the night before and our bus ride back to Atlanta was cancelled. And when we cruised down the Mississippi leaving NOLA, it was too cold to sit out and watch the land slide by.

Going to do the Elation again the first week of January 2016, who knows what the weather will be, I'm thinking cool and wet based on the El Nino reports.