Which excursion for half moon cay on Bahamas cruise?

ccleveland

I'm looking at the excursion where you ride horses but not sure if it's worth it? I heard it makes you sore? Please give me advice on this excursion if you have done and if it's worth paying the money.

Any other recommendations for half moon cay would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ccleveland

No excursion for Half Moon Cay I think is best.

Beautiful beach, and a lunch is provided for you there. Some people like to rent cabanas or villas there but IMO I like to be out in the sun, in the water, and just discovering the island. There are a couple of bars on the island and you pay with your S&S card. Wonderful. Can't wait to go back in October.

I'm looking at the excursion where you ride horses but not sure if it's worth it? I heard it makes you sore? Please give me advice on this excursion if you have done and if it's worth paying the money.

Any other recommendations for half moon cay would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! [emoji41]

I have the Oasis booked for our next trip to HMC.....and we had the Oasis for my only other visit there, so I can't compare any other excursion. But.....I CAN tell you the Oasis is well worth the money it costs!

Half Moon Cay is the perfect port to not have an excursion. If anything I would try to get one of those cabanas or huts on the beach. But really it's the perfect beach day to relax. You just get yourself off the boat and park yourself on the beach all day.

I would save the money and do a horseback riding excursion at another port. Horseback riding can make you very sore though. I did a 3 hour ride in Colorado on my honeymoon and I was sore for like 3 days after. The white water rafting the next day was so difficult to get through.

You guys have made a good point. I will not do the horse ride but I would like to do the excursion with the tram ride and to explore the island and then go back to the beach near that pirate bar place. Then stay at the beach all day. I'm just hoping that the weather is not bad because I have heard half-moon Cay is a really easy place to miss :(

Do any of you know a good website to look out for any developing hurricanes besides the weather channel app?