Suggested iPad apps? Non Internet

Waterloomarc

My two year old loves her iPad at home. However it's mostly just you tube kids stuff. She has a few games that aren't internet dependent that she enjoys (Sesame Street, some doodling thing, counting etc.)

Does anybody have suggestion for what to load that your toddler likes? I'm trying to come up with something for her to do during the cabin times. She absolutely will not watch TV. (Not even Frozen!) The only thing she'll watch is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when it's nap time. I'm not buying an Internet package as frankly my cruises are the only weeks a year I can keep my wife off Facebook! So I'm just trying to find something that might occupy her for a little bit for when mom and I are trying to get ready for supper etc.

Yes we'll bring regular toys and books etc. and no we're not the type to stick an iPad in front of our child and ignore her and all the other judgmental comments that like to get traipsed out around here ;)

fisher price apps, perfect, 'educational' even, perfect for age 2

lego ones

angry birds

any read to me stories

my kid's ipad stays OFFLINE unless i'm downloading or updating, that way no issues with the ads.

oh, and try a few music ones, like piano.

try coloring apps

search for whatever she's into. Mine has Carebears, my little pony, lego, princess puzzles, read to me books (I love those!). All free, none require internet.

search preschool or toddler, you'll find some.

My two year old loves her iPad at home. However it's mostly just you tube kids stuff. She has a few games that aren't internet dependent that she enjoys (Sesame Street, some doodling thing, counting etc.)

Does anybody have suggestion for what to load that your toddler likes? I'm trying to come up with something for her to do during the cabin times. She absolutely will not watch TV. (Not even Frozen!) The only thing she'll watch is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when it's nap time. I'm not buying an Internet package as frankly my cruises are the only weeks a year I can keep my wife off Facebook! So I'm just trying to find something that might occupy her for a little bit for when mom and I are trying to get ready for supper etc.

Yes we'll bring regular toys and books etc. and no we're not the type to stick an iPad in front of our child and ignore her and all the other judgmental comments that like to get traipsed out around here ;)

no judgment here. mine gets limited screen time at home. on vacation? no worries man, I don't really care. I have three different 'types' of pictures from last week, her in the water works, her eating, her with ipad or watching tv. She needs the downtime in the room, and I can't be out in the sun/head mid day. she was active, but she also had lots of down time. She got to watch mlp before bed each night. at home? we watch a movie once a week, maybe. never before bed, never daily.

now, to occupy her-other ideas that don't take up much room: magnets. either ones you have or go to the dollar store. they have foam puzzles, thick, perfect for little hands, hot/super glue a magnet to the back-instance fun! I also went to hobby lobby, bought cardstock characters and added magnets to those. She stood at the door and played while we got ready (dd didn't have ipad/tablet her first two cruises).

color wonder markers/paints

I keep a stash, and typically she'd get something new each night or two before dinner, little things-total under $10. Target dollar spot stuff that's fun.

last week I had magnet elsa, paper dolls, a paint set, sticker books.

Our son loved a few different games - one called Bugs & Bubbles, a bowling game called Gutterball, paper toss, and Nick Jr Draw & Play.

If you are Amazon Prime members, you can now download prime TV shows & movies for free. Our son liked Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at that age, and we had a few DVDs that included digital download so we had one or two of those always loaded onto the iPad. And not sure which he got into Laurie Berkner, but he would watch her videos over and over again - Party Day was his favorite.

Sago Mini and Toca Boca are our son's favorites. When he was two, also Endless Alphabet and Doodle Critter Math (actually just numbers).

You can download individual 25-minute episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse via iTunes for $2.99 each. Then you can view them without internet.