Thread Just for Grandeur Information Re: Dec/Jan Cruises

osiebosie

I'm starting a thread for Grandeur information. It is Monday morning, Sept. 26, and I am hoping that there will some information this week, possibly today.:)

Sharon

I hope someone can share some info....since RCCL won't. We have made our final payment for the Grandeur on Dec. 17 sailing out of New Orleans. This is our first cruise on Royal Caribbean.....I hope it doesnt turn out to be a mistake. I am not very impressed with RCCL ignoring the whole departure issue.

Hello Everyone!

Sorry to say, but I cancelled our December 17th New Orleans cruise. Because I kept getting different information depending on which customer service person you talked to, I cancelled. I couldn't take a chance on not getting my deposit back. And since we didn't have airline tickets, I couldn't wait and hopefully get tickets around Christmas if they moved Grandeur to Florida.

I read on other posts that all New Orleans Grandeur departures were no longer available on RCCL's web site. I checked and couldn't find them either.

I hope everyone the best on what became a very big headache for me.

Just came off a cruise yesterday on Grandeur. Even if you can get on in New Orleans, I suggest you cancel now, if you can get your $$$$ back. This is our second and last cruise on Grandeur. Same crap as last year at this time. We will not allow them to strike us out the third time. I would investigate, investigate before proceeding. Amen!!!!

I just spoke with my TA. She's going to call RCCI and call me back. I'm hoping that TA's have a different line of communication with RCCI, and maybe it'll be more informative. Our payment is due on the 29th.

Still Waiting,

Shay

I called RCCL yesterday - we have 35 people on the 1/7/06 sailing - and the person I spoke to put me on hold and checked with a supervisor before saying anything (smart). She told me that after checking with her supervisor, the executive office is meeting early this week to make a decision. She said to call back Tuesday or Wednesday and they should have an answer.

I just got off the phone with my TA. She said RCCI said it is a strong possibility that they will have the same itinerary but be sailing out of Tampa. They are still working on a decision and are pushing to have a definite answer early this week, possibly this afternoon, Monday the 26th.

She also said that in the past, if you have paid in full with RCCI and they change the city of departure, they will refund 100% of your money. Of course, you are left without a cruise, but you get your money back. That is what they have done in the past.

Hoping to hear more today,

Shay

I basically got the same answer from my TA as osiebosie.

DH and I are booked on the Dec. 10th cruise and our final payment is due by the end of this week.

I hope we know by then from where we depart. We hope it's going out of Tampa and not Galveston. Guess we just have to wait a little while longer.

A lot of people from our roll call have cancelled this cruise.

Yes RJJS, please give us some more info, why this cruise was so bad for you!

I am beyond frustrated with all of this, and really feel that they should have had something lined up by now. The rep I spoke with today told me that it was still scheduled to go out of New Orleans....I just had to laugh !!! So, I called back and the rep I spoke to the 2nd time said they hoped to have a decision by Friday and to check back then. Our cruise is paid in full and we have airline tickets. Hopefully we won't be SOL !?!

I still think New Orleans is possible. Even with a second hurricane, great progress has been made and there is still two months to go.

Considering the hurricane season we have had so far, and there is still plenty of season yet to go, why would they be in any hurry to change? Any port they change to could be the next target.

Carnival and NCL have abandoned New Orleans, but had little choice. Carnival had ships based there year round and had to try to get their ships back in service pronto. NCL would have started next month - really too soon, but I bet they were sweating bullets when a full strength Rita was headed for Houston.

It is a perfect opportunity for RCCL to unseat Carnival as the most popular cruise line out of New Orleans!

My TA e-mailed me today and said that RCCL has let them know that a decision will be made by Friday about the Grandeur sailings. She said it will be Galveston or Tampa. We are on the Jan. 07 sailing and of course already have our air purchased on our own. Can't really do anything about it until the decision is made- FINALLY.

Zydecocruiser,

I am hoping it is New Orleans we port out of, and, like you, I think it could be a good chance that that may happen.

I have the luxury of not being tied down to airline tickets, so am not too concerned about where Grandeur leaves from. However, we still have to drive, and may have to see about getting more time off from work to accomodate a different port. That is still not as frustrating as someone who has to fly.

It looks like hurricane "season" will be a years-long season, at the rate they keep tearing up our coasts.

Well, it's Tuesday the 27th, and maybe today we'll hear something concrete.

Shay

Yep that's what I just found out too. So I re-booked on a 7 night out of Tampa on Legend of the Sea, same cabin type, guaranteed price as before (even though it books for $150 more pp), and $100 ship-board credit.

They are offering several incentives...so call folks and start re-arranging schedules!:eek: grrrrrr

A....

Archived