Epic.. Easter 2016... Why was it so cheap?

Meg67

OK, maybe I should have asked this question before booking but not being able to resist what I consider a bargain, the cruise is booked!!

However I must ask why was this cruise so cheap.... 10 nights Balcony cabin (8209) and 1 night in Barcelona including flights and UBP for £799!!

I know it's very last AFT cabin but to me and my Fitbit it's a bonus as I have to walk further!!

So are there any other reasons this cruise was so cheap?

maybe because its 10 nights? I think vast majority take 7 day cruises, due to limited work vacation days

but it is a great deal - wish I could do something like that, but im in the "Limited work vacation days" issue group

Also could be that people dont want to sail over Easter for some reason. I know I couldn't, because of religious reasons.

Because Easter in 2016 is march 28 th that's why

It will not be balmy med weather

It won't be like January in the northeast but it won't be as warm as you think

May June sept oct are great

July August are hot hot hot but expensive due to school summer break

Btw airfare from the USA will be high if you need it. Schools are notorious for school trips at that time and many people do travel to land based Europe trips as well. The cities will be crowded

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Because Easter in 2016 is march 28 th that's why

It will not be balmy med weather

It won't be like January in the northeast but it won't be as warm as you think

May June sept oct are great

July August are hot hot hot but expensive due to school summer break

Btw airfare from the USA will be high if you need it. Schools are notorious for school trips at that time and many people do travel to land based Europe trips as well. The cities will be crowded

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That price quoted included flights.

Easter is still classed as low season in Europe would be my guess. This pricing is similar to the pricing in January when we go on the 10 day too. Weather is subjective, even in January the med weather will be warm to us Northern British folk.

THIS IS NOT A MED CRUISE.

All the Epic cruises upto end of march are good value through the UK.

With Cheap flights available from most airports the overheads over cruise only are in the £75-£150 price range.

TAs package up and NCL is using the packagers to dump cabins cheaper than the on-line price.

Thats a realy good price for the Easter trip in a balcony on the canaries run.

not seen it that low was it a TA? ( I can have a look through my emaiuls)

That March 28 10n cruise only, NCL Inside over £800pp.

(getting sold out)

for all epic cruises now till march(UBP include) in price order.

this link might work.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/search.php?region_id=25&cruise_ship_id=210&port_search%5Bdeparture%5D%5Btype%5D=start&port_search%5Bdeparture%5D%5Bcode%5D=&port_search%5Bvisited%5D%5Bcode%5D=&offer_type_id=2&airport_search%5B0%5D=&meta_cabin_category=&vacation_duration=&number_of_children=0&departure_year_month_day=2015-08-01&to_year_month_day=2016-03-31&duration=&price_range%5Bmin%5D=14900&price_range%5Bmax%5D=154000&order_by=lead_price

We are on 7 April sailing for 10 nights which officially isn't Easter but it is our easter school holidays, we got an inside for 2 for $1500 including soda package. NCL UK cut off for UBP was 31 March so we don't qualify for UBP.

From the UK I paid £300 for flights so all in £600 per person for 10 nights which is a really good price.

Liverpool Jo

I'm seriously wondering if the price I paid was a mistake (not that I'm complaining)

The deal came via an Email from an online site and I thought What a Bargain so I booked it without giving a thought as to why it was so cheap.

OK I'm not expecting it to be scorching hot but its usually pretty good most of the year around the canaries and that is good enough for me:)

There are some good deals about... we got our Epic cruise on 20th September for £469pp and that was for a family balcony and including the UBP. It was a steal and we just had to go for it.

I had my eye on that one too but my partner couldn't get the time off:(

Hope you have a fab time:)

I'm seriously wondering if the price I paid was a mistake (not that I'm complaining)

The deal came via an Email from an online site and I thought What a Bargain so I booked it without giving a thought as to why it was so cheap.

OK I'm not expecting it to be scorching hot but its usually pretty good most of the year around the canaries and that is good enough for me:)

We did the Spirit run this year in Jan it was fine, but we don't care for super hot anyway. March should be significantly better.

Thats the trick with these know when the price is good/too good and book.

I had an RCI deal at a payment page, decided to go through a TA, cost me $80 more in the end, it was a 1/2 price second pax which never came back.

(do you have the date of the email so I can check my archive I missed this one)

(do you have the date of the email so I can check my archive I missed this one)

The email would have been sent either late Thursday July 30th or early on Friday July 31st... I read it when I got to work!!!

I rang straight away to check availability and booked it when I got home that evening.... Apologies if I'm not supposed to say who I booked it through but it was Cruise Nation.

Thanks, I though it was a recent email, I thought it might be them.

Found it, the NCL was after a load of MSC so missed it.

link still works from £979 now balcony £1200+

A later email had insides at £699

I want to check for other dates we normaly go a Jan/Feb.

Check your flights include a bag, they use budget airlines a lot.

Edited by insidecabin

Thanks, I though it was a recent email, I thought it might be them.

Found it, the NCL was after a load of MSC so missed it.

link still works from £979 now balcony £1200+

A later email had insides at £699

I want to check for other dates we normaly go a Jan/Feb.

Check your flights include a bag, they use budget airlines a lot.

Flights are with Monarch out and BA home...I did have to pay extra for cabin bags, but considering the price I paid I still think it's a really good deal:)

I have just recevied an email today from Cruisenation and they now have the cruise which follows ours Barcelona-Cagliari-Palmero-Naples-Rome-Livorno-Barcelona for £799 including flights for a Balcony Cabin and UBP... Bargain

• 2 weeks later...
I have just recevied an email today from Cruisenation and they now have the cruise which follows ours Barcelona-Cagliari-Palmero-Naples-Rome-Livorno-Barcelona for £799 including flights for a Balcony Cabin and UBP... Bargain

We booked with the same website at the end of March for the 1st Nov sailing, our package totalled just over 1400GBP, for this we got return flights from Liverpool, 2 nights hotel in Barcelona, a balcony cabin (BD) and the drinks package. I reckon we got an excellent deal :)

OK, maybe I should have asked this question before booking but not being able to resist what I consider a bargain, the cruise is booked!!

However I must ask why was this cruise so cheap.... 10 nights Balcony cabin (8209) and 1 night in Barcelona including flights and UBP for £799!!

I know it's very last AFT cabin but to me and my Fitbit it's a bonus as I have to walk further!!

So are there any other reasons this cruise was so cheap?

£799 converts to just over $1200. I'm onboard this same sailing :D, and booked at $799pp mid ship balcony, with the UBP as a perk, and $200obc from TA. Basically they are charging you $400pp for the flight and 1 night hotel. That's not a bad price, but certainly not short changing NCL.

Tony

when was this 28th March 10n sailing on for $799 balcony inc tax($179.10) and UBP 18%($194.40)?

that would make the cabin $587.20

I don't think it was 799 dollars, but 799 British Pounds. OP is from United Kingdom, not USA.

For those in the UK, it appears that the prices are lower than for us in the US. As of today, an interior starts at $1449 pp, balcony's appear as sold out (As are studio's). Haven Suites are $1000 more pp then the earlier sailing in March. I do think that this sailing will be very full of families (If the roll call is anything to go by), and maybe NCL made the pricing very attractive for families in order to fill the ship. In the US, students get 1-week for Spring Break, and it's not always at Easter. It can be anytime from late February to mid April. A 10-day cruise departing from a European port, plus adding 2 additional days for traveling across the pond means pulling kids out of school for up to 2-weeks, and many parents here can't or won't do that, hence no need to offer attractive pricing to US residents.

try again...

£799 converts to just over $1200. I'm onboard this same sailing :D, and booked at $799pp mid ship balcony, with the UBP as a perk, and $200obc from TA. Basically they are charging you $400pp for the flight and 1 night hotel. That's not a bad price, but certainly not short changing NCL.

Tony

when was this 28th March 10n sailing on for $799 balcony inc tax($179.10) and UBP 18%($194.40)?

that would make the cabin $425.50

Edited by insidecabin